Learning things about the town you grew up in.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    I heard the Hellfire tunnels are supposedly haunted from one of the excellent guided tours. Can't remember the details, though. They are however well worth a visit.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    I heard the Hellfire tunnels are supposedly haunted from one of the excellent guided tours. Can't remember the details, though. They are however well worth a visit.
    Near-ish me are the Hellfire Caves in West Wycombe, also supposedly haunted.

Dunno what it is about hellfire that makes it so special, it's a cool word though.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • I grew up just outside Dudley, and outside Dudley is pretty much the best way to enjoy the experience...

One bit of trivia though about Bearwood, where I currently live: Christine Perfect grew up there. You probably know here as Christine McVie, as in "the female one out of Fleetwood Mac that isn't Stevie Nicks"

Also, I was shocked to read an article on the wall of the local swimming baths (a modest place, called Thimblemill Baths, not a huge place by any stretch of the imagination) that listed the bands that had played there in the 60's - Beatles, Stones, Who, all the huge names of the day played there in the early part of the decade. Probably 30 minute sets, mid-afternoon, multiple bill efforts before they moved on to another town.. All very different in those days.

• Bucket said:
    Near-ish me are the Hellfire Caves in West Wycombe, also supposedly haunted.

Dunno what it is about hellfire that makes it so special, it's a cool word though.
    Bit of history for you Bucket http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellfire_Club  
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk