Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Help me find a new small head...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1031
    Jet City JCA22H - I bought one as a grab and go - 2 channels, good enough clean, good dirty sound - mine cost £120 second hand but did need a tube change to get the best out of it:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 631
    Jet City are also meant to be bringing out a new 5 watt head soon.

• What about a Yamaha THR5?
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I'm a big fan of the orange tiny terror and dark terror, they aren't to every bodies tastes but I found them perfect for home use. The lack of controls has me playing more and concentrating on dynamics, the dark terror has actually improved my playing! 
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1658
    edited August 2016
    I got a modded (FX loop, Brit Gain Mod) Orange Tiny Terror for sale if you are interested? 

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/83252/fs-orange-tiny-terror#latest

My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• MJW Bantam?
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    Smallest head is the ZVex Nano Head.
    As well as being tiny it also sounds bloody excellent.
  • thanks for all the suggestions guys.
    I had seen the jet city amps, and i was tempeted, but they are just a bit too big to fit in the space i want to put it in, which is a shame. ive seen the 5 watt one coming out, will have to see what the reviews are like when its out.

the yamaha seems quite interesting, i feel i want a proper amp for the "guitar room" though. i have a blackstar ID core 10 for living room use, so i may try the yamaha in that setting at some point.

I'm not sure the MJW Bantam is really my thing, i like a few more controls than that, bit pricey for me too. thanks though.

more googlng and youtubing your suggestions... thanks guys :)
  • simonk said:
    Gadget said:
    THD Univalve?
    Have you tried one? Maybe mine was duff but it was the most lifeless amp I've ever played through and I couldn't shift it quick enough.

I have a Blackstar HT-1Hr that lives in the front room and always manages to put a smile on my face. Or, for a bit more cash, a Suhr Corso would fit your bill, apart from the loop.
    Hmmm...it's funny how we're all different, I've had my univalve since new and love it :-)

however, it doesn't have a loop so still not right for this quest....
    Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
  • Hi all. Thanks for all your suggestions. I found a very good deal on a egnater rebel 20 with the matching 1x12. It's extremely early days, but I like it. I will certainly try out some of the above suggestions in the future though, as I like tying out new gear :-) 

Thanks again guys
  • My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    That was precisely the image that came into my head the day this thread started!
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 896
    simonk said:
    Gadget said:
    THD Univalve?
    Have you tried one? Maybe mine was duff but it was the most lifeless amp I've ever played through and I couldn't shift it quick enough...
    Yes, I still have it after 13 years :)

I thinks it's great, especially with a bit of volume.
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........