Waza pedals vs Modded pedals

What's Hot
smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 668
anyone compared the Waza drive pedals against things like Keeley modded ones?

if so, what was the outcome?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    Matt Knight of the Guitar Nerds podcast has just started working at Boss, he's been buying up modded pedals to compare them with the standard models. Should result in some interesting stuff in the future, I imagine we're going to see Boss become a little less conservative/traditional over the next few years.
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    Roland/Boss has never been that conservative to begin with. Sliver, handclapper, first stomp box digital delays,  tera echo, step phaser etc.

Even the metal zone was actually pretty boundary pushing in its own way, with its 3 gain stages and parametric eq

• I haven't compared it to anything but I have a Waza Delay and it's fantastic. I moved away from Boss stuff for a while because other pedals were a bit more exciting but recently I've rediscovered my SD-1 which has sat in a drawer for ages and realised it sounded better than the fancy TS clone I was using. Boss stuff just works and sounds great. I now have a DM-2w, SD-1 and TU-2 in one of those plastic boss cases. Ideal. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Pete24vPete24v Frets: 235
    I had the Keeley modded BD, which i sold when i picked up the Analogman modded version. Then i bought the Waza version

Played next to the Analogman, the Waza wasn't that different in it's Custom mode. So i sold the Analogman, the tone control seemed a little more friendly on the Waza.