NPD Gurus 1959 Double decker

What's Hot
TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7806
I've been after one of these since they came out at the end of 2015. It's a Valve based Marshall in a box, 2 channel + boost pre amp  / distortion pedal I suppose. It also has a direct out with cab emulation and a built in FX loop that can be series or parallel for those time when you go direct out and what the fx into FOH.

I've bought it mainly as a small backup to my main giging amp, a Brunetti Pleximan.

First impressions are:
Floor 2 / channel 1 is stunning. Great low gain breakup that is touch sensitive
Floor 2 / channel 2 is a bit dead, like I find most distortion boxes to be
The clean boost does what it should.

Not tried the emulation etc out yet... 

Seems well made, but I wish expensive pedals would have metal instead of plastic knobs. 

Bought from guitar guitar and the box looks like they played football with it. Ripped, torn and generally battered. 
0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7806
    This pedal is awesome. Without doubt the best amp in a box type I've ever had.

A quick demo (using helix as the cab)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • johnhejohnhe Frets: 191
    The pedal looks absolutely fab. I'm not sure I need the clean boost or the modern channel, but the vintage, lower gain channel sounds superb in any demo I've listened to.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Floor 1 really is superb. Though floor 2 with a strat is also a really nice sound. 

The 2 floors overlap a bit so you can set floor 2 to be a natural solo from floor 1 if you choose.

BTW floor is what gurus term the 2 channels.
  • Patrick, it IS a gorgeous looking pedal !