Packaging

What's Hot
TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7806
Do you care about the boxes pedals come in? Do you expect a new item to be in a box that looks like new? Certainly when selling stuff on I get asked a lot if the box and pedal are mint. Do you think it affects resale?

The box my DD1959 came in was a ripped up mess. Not an issue for me, so long as the pedal works. But it gives a new pedal the look and feel of a demo / 2nd hand item. First time it's happened to me, so was just wondering.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I keep them if I buy new, because it can make a small difference to resale, and also means I have a box to ship it in so I'm more confident it will make it there in one piece.

I'd be a bit annoyed if a new pedal came in a fairly damaged box. But if the pedal is mint it shouldn't matter. When I sell pedals I try to take pictures of all angles of the pedal, never been asked for more pictures at all and certainly not further details about the box.
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
    Why is the box a ripped up mess? because it was dropped with the pedal in? 

That's what i'd be asking, if it was new. Try returning an item with damaged box and see what the retailer says about it then :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • That's what i'd be asking, if it was new. Try returning an item with damaged box and see what the retailer says about it then :)
    I've not had an issue when I've taken pictures and sent them via email when informing of my intention to return. But there is a possibility someone could argue with you over it.

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7806
    It looks to me like the box has been carelessly opened in store at some point. 1 side of the box has been ripped open instead of the tabs being undone then lid lifted. It then looks like they couldn't get the box back in the sheath, which has ripped the sheath. 

I guess at some point they demoed the pedal in store.

• It looks to me like the box has been carelessly opened in store at some point. 1 side of the box has been ripped open instead of the tabs being undone then lid lifted. It then looks like they couldn't get the box back in the sheath, which has ripped the sheath. 

In that case I'd contact them, see what they say. In my opinion that's beyond reasonable damage and should probably have been sold ex demo, not new
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7806
    It looks to me like the box has been carelessly opened in store at some point. 1 side of the box has been ripped open instead of the tabs being undone then lid lifted. It then looks like they couldn't get the box back in the sheath, which has ripped the sheath. 

In that case I'd contact them, see what they say. In my opinion that's beyond reasonable damage and should probably have been sold ex demo, not new
    already emailed...  
    This kind of thing annoys me, I expect new, to be new and in very good condition. It's only FX boxes where I care though, So many people ask for Mint boxes and I do seem to buy and sell quite often :)