NGD: Fender Stratocaster

What's Hot
paul_c2paul_c2 Frets: 410
Well, technically it was yesterday evening I picked it up. Its a Made in Mexico Standard, with rosewood fingerboard and finished in a beautiful metallic blue colour (I'll get some pics later). I found it secondhand on Gumtree, was about 1 1/2 hours drive away, and the price was good. After a frustrating couple of trips to guitar shops to look at reasonable Squier strats (and their being out of stock) I tried a Fender in the shop and really liked it, but not the price! So secondhand makes sense. The guy had 6 guitars, including another almost identical strat (in white/maple) and it appears the one I bought has hardly ever been played. Its almost perfect paint and body condition with a few tiny marks if you look really closely but that's it.

My previous guitar has humbuckers (and is a Les Paul copy) so its a big difference in sound and to play, so still very much getting used to it. But it seems to play nicely and sound good so far!!

Pics to follow....
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• paul_c2paul_c2 Frets: 410
    0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Nice one!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24780
    Nice colour!
  • AndyRAndyR Frets: 158
    Oh yeah. Nice.
    I know, its mainly the colour that I like the most! I prefer solid colours, and I think I'd have been happy with most colours. Someone once said to me pick something other than black or white because they look a bit anonymous (not sure I agree with that though - debatable!) so I'd have been happy with red too. But there's something about the metallic blue which looks a bit different and makes it stand out. I found out its official name is "Lake Placid Blue" too.
    (I think) it has 10s on it at the moment, I prefer 9s and I swapped my other guitar's strings, due to a couple of issues which led me to suspect they were dead. So the other one has 9-42s but I noticed the low E string a bit "flappy" or "twangy" so I've just ordered some hybrid 9s (9-46) and I'll try those out. I guess there's a bit of a process to find what string gauge one is personally happiest with.

Also I'll lower the action a bit, I prefer it lower and I think there's some room for it to come down.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BlaendulaisBlaendulais Frets: 3325
    Nice guitar
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    Lovely looking strat there! The current mexican range are great players too, i'd happily gig or record with a stock model!