Comments

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9736
    "Tonight Matthew, I'm going to be a 1970s Fender Stratocaster"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    It's got an action you could walk under, by the look of it..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    For me, fakes raise the question of why people care about the logo on their guitar in the first place
  • paul_c2paul_c2 Frets: 410
    I saw that a few days back too and I couldn't understand why he'd photoshopped the blue over the logo, until I read the desctription to see its a "fake" or "copy" rather than an actual Fender strat. It does seem a bizarre thing to do but I guess there's a lot of newbies who won't care, will like the look of it and an unknowing person will buy it?

Fender have been pretty shrewd in having such a wide range of prices (ie starts at about £110 for the cheapest Squier) that they can 'capture' the bargain/beginner end of the market and hopefully some brand loyalty will mean a person who's played for 6 months or so and likes it, will upgrade and stick with Fender. No longer do beginners need to make do with guitars like Encore, Stagg, etc to begin on. So quite where the appeal of a non-Fender strat copy is, at the price there, I'm not sure.
  • Things like this can make wary of what I am looking at or considering to buy.

Most people (myself included) can be easily fooled - show me an Encore with a Fnder Custom Shop neck plate and appropriate stickers on the headstock and I could hand over a couple of hundred for a £10 guitar!
  • Things like this can make wary of what I am looking at or considering to buy.

Most people (myself included) can be easily fooled - show me an Encore with a Fnder Custom Shop neck plate and appropriate stickers on the headstock and I could hand over a couple of hundred for a £10 guitar!
    Find me a custom shop for s couple of hundred! ;)