Hospital food has not improved...

What's Hot
RockerRocker Frets: 4983
Not a bit since last December. I have sampled it since last Friday. Sharp pain in my abdomen that could not be ignored. I've had my share of hospitals, anyone available to take the baton......
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    I spent three days in hospital about two years ago and the food was THE worst part of that experience. They moved me every day as well so I never got the choice I ordered. Get well soon pal
    How very rock and roll
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    I don't think it's aged badly. I've always thought it was one of his better songs - although to be fair it is his usual mix of world-weary cynicism and a good tune, which I know isn't everyone's thing.

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    Old noddy head David Gray, love him

• RockerRocker Frets: 4983
    I was afraid you were going to mention Snorah Jones..:)
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    Several years ago I had an operation that removed a large lump from inside my head. Once I felt human enough following the operation my first hospital meal was a vegetable pie. I took a small mouthful and couldn’t believe what I was tasting. It tasted so fantastic I almost cried; it was the most amazing food I have ever had. I was wondering whether removal of the  lump had changed me and this was how food was supposed to taste.

Unfortunately it worked out that the very powerful general anesthetic that was still in my system was responsible for the way I perceived taste. Fairly soon afterwards, my food started tasting normal again which is a shame because that hospital food was the best thing I've ever tasted in my life.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    Rocker said:
    I was afraid you were going to mention Snorah Jones..:)
    No, but it's nice to find out I'm not alone in that opinion... :)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    I was in Guys & St Thomas Hospital about 18 months ago for a fortnight. The food was pretty good, the staff were great too.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• RockerRocker Frets: 4983
    The doctor told me: five more days! Then the process of toughening up my finger tips begins (again)...

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Could've been worse, there could've been a young lad shaking nervously in your line of vision.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    I have no problem eating hospital food.
    I've had my share over the last 14 years.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    I'm about to find out next week.
    I'm not confident, not round here !
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15962
    Rocker said:
    Not a bit since last December. I have sampled it since last Friday. Sharp pain in my abdomen that could not be ignored. I've had my share of hospitals, anyone available to take the baton......
    well if it was December it'll be off by now
    tae be or not tae be
  • uncledickuncledick Frets: 406
    I busted my leg in quite a big way earlier this year which meant a stay in the Mont Blanc Hospital near Chamonix.  The surgeons were great but the food was diabolical.  Most meals consisted of carrots, like half a plateful.

ps Don't take up skiing when you're over 50 - it ain't as easy as it looks.
  • BensonBenson Frets: 242
    edited August 2016
    Spent time in Harley Street recently including ICU, the food was like a Michelin star restaurant! :D
  • vizviz Frets: 10697
    Rocker said:
    I have sampled it since last Friday. Sharp pain in my abdomen that could not be ignored. 
    Maybe you ate some of the cutlery?

Seriously, get well soon. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625

I spent a week in the Royal Brompton last year and loved it, 3 decent meals a day including pudding and tea and biscuits.

Apart from the poking and prodding it was almost a holiday. 
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Tone71 said:

Apart from the poking and prodding it was almost a holiday. 
    I thought I told you to leave the nurses alone............

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    I quite liked the food during my time in hospital-3 days for a leg break a few years ago.

Was a nice rest, no washing up and 3 squares a day.

Got boring quickly though.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    I had great food in hospital.
    The massive tube shoved up my cock was my primary focus though.

This was the tube:

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    I feel sick