Is one or both of these gig bags fake?

What's Hot
paul_c2paul_c2 Frets: 410
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Traditional-Series-Gig-Bag-Electric-Guitar-/282130206344?hash=item41b0454e88:g:2loAAOSw1DtXHian

and

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Electric-Guitar-Gig-Bag-Soft-Padded-Case-With-Shoulder-Straps-/262589529494?hash=item3d238e3d96:g:NpoAAOSwTZ1XljSu

They're quite clearly different designs with different logo placement, which one (if at all) is real, or are they both simply cheap bags with a presumably non-Fender-approved logo stuck onto them?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9736
    edited August 2016
    Probably both real, simply cheap OEM bags with a Fender-approved logo stuck onto them.

<edit> The first one looks legit at least. The second is possibly an earlier incarnation of their cheapest gig bag.
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    I had a Mexican thin line Tele that came new from the shop in a bag exactly the same as the first listing.
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    Surely we now need a name for fake gig bags.
    What about Chib Bag.
    Does it sound too much like Chip Bag?

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Chigbag, surely..?
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    Both real I think - I've seen both designs come with mex Fenders
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Counter-fret ? To be fair i have only just woken up.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AndyRAndyR Frets: 158
    Both look legit to me. If you've been buying cheap Fenders long enough, you'll have a loft-full of these things, all different.
  • MattFGBIMattFGBI Frets: 1602
     I recognise both. 
    This is not an official response. 

contactemea@fender.com 

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72928
    I assume Fender doesn't actually 'make' them, even in China - but just buys them from whichever standard high-volume Chinese bag supplier is doing the best deal that month/year. Hence you get different ones.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• paul_c2paul_c2 Frets: 410
    In the end I decided to buy a no-name bag, since there's nothing massively different or special about a Fender bag, apart from the logo. They all seem to be around £15-20 for a basic one, so I was able to choose one with 20mm padding. Also not having the Fender logo might be an advantage (less tempting to thieves??)