Mobile phone contract for a global business

What's Hot
Hi 
After my recent short notice trade show to Vancouver I cant believe the levels of being ripped off applied by our current mobile phone provider EE. I have endless bolt ons to cover my regular travel and frankly they always seem to find away to screw me. 

I travel extensively in my business based in the UK  and when I get a bit of down time based in Spain for a few weeks at a time

I  have daily conversations with suppliers in Germany, US, Canada, China, and Spain. Yes I use Skype and Facetime when I have to but thats dependent on having access to decent data or broadband. 

So all I want to do is pickup my phone and dial the people I need to, does anyone have a reasonable tarrif or system that I am not aware of as managed to get 120 quid of overages for 4 days in Canada. Because I could call UK but not Spain or Germany.

I just want a modern tarrif for the modern world of global business.

Any suggestions

thanks Jez

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TroyTroy Frets: 224
    Why not get a dual sim phone for when away? Or a separate unlocked phone where you can buy a local sim?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11877
    edited September 2016
    http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Phones/Feel_At_Home

This should tick most of the countries on your list.  The list has expanded (as the company expanded) from about 7 countries from 5 years ago to this.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    we are on Vodafone and opt for their world traveller package -  5 quid a day allows you to access your standard tariff in the UK. the 5 quid charge only activates if you use your phone, and is flat per day. So, if you go a day without uising it, no charge. Use this when outside of Europe. In Europe, on our new contract we just access the standard UK deal we have with no additional costs.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom