I bloody love my Dog

What's Hot
jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
So, our Springer goes to "day care" on occasion to give her some variety whilst we're at work. It's basically a girl who now runs her own dog walking/day care business, but does it all from her house, and she absolutely loves it there, as she gets on with the girls two Spaniels really well.

Today was one of those days and I just received the following message from her;

"So bella's (her dog) just had a horrific accident so off to the vets again! But as Bella was squeeling Poppy (my dog) was lovingly licking her face"
"She somehow got herself attached to and wrapped round the washing line and has puncture on her side and a huge bald patch! But the noise was traumatising! Don't know if I cried more at the noise or Poppy and Wilber (her other dog) were tending to her"

Warms my cockles, that does. 

Animals rule.  
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Doesn't sound the safest place to send a dog you love??!?!

It's like receiving a text from a child minder... "my child fell into our pond and was drowning but your child provided emotional support until we arrived on the scene... The noise was traumatising... blah blah "

;-)

My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • paul_c2paul_c2 Frets: 410
    Sounds like a bizarre accident: 1) washing lines are for hanging clothes, to enable them to hang they are typically at a minimum 4-5 feet into the air - how did a dog become entangled in something 4-5 feet in the air? 2) what sharp objects were attached to the washing line sharp enough to puncture a dog's skin? A normal clothes peg should ping off if put under pressure and have no sharp edges, though I suppose a chewed/broken one might expose its spring.

I'd be wanting to fully understand the accident and physically look over the area the dog is kept in. I have a dog myself and when I do work on the car, I more often than not need to clean up after and make it safe/dog friendly.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    edited August 2016
    Haha! touché. 

More than happy with how safe it is - no different to our back garden or the trouble she tries to get herself into when we take her for a walk.
    paul_c2 said:
    Sounds like a bizarre accident: 1) washing lines are for hanging clothes, to enable them to hang they are typically at a minimum 4-5 feet into the air - how did a dog become entangled in something 4-5 feet in the air? 2) what sharp objects were attached to the washing line sharp enough to puncture a dog's skin? A normal clothes peg should ping off if put under pressure and have no sharp edges, though I suppose a chewed/broken one might expose its spring.

I'd be wanting to fully understand the accident and physically look over the area the dog is kept in. I have a dog myself and when I do work on the car, I more often than not need to clean up after and make it safe/dog friendly.
    It's one of those pole in the ground washing lines.

As I said, the girl is a friend of ours and her garden is perfectly safe and dog proofed. We've been round a number of times, so we know the area well - if it wasn't, I wouldn't send my dog there. That's definitely a non-issue.  
  • paul_c2paul_c2 Frets: 410
    I might be getting the wrong idea of proportions here, my dog has short legs - in fact her ears are slightly longer than her legs.
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4633
    Dogs are great when one of our three is feeling poorly the other two are always close by and giving kisses even our grumpy old dachshund who normally hates the two young pups
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I want a dog. My rabbits don't like cuddles.
    My V key is broken
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    Dogs are great. Our Rottie cross is such a happy dog, and you cant help but smile when you look at her and her tail is swishing around in a seemingly uncontrolled way :)
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    So, it turns out that the puncture came from the little nubbin/peg that adjusts the height of the line (a bit like you get on an umbrella)..rounded end, blunt as anything. So not really something you'd account for I don't think. Bet that smarted though! 
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    I'm off work today, feeling like shit and my dog and my flatmates are both on the bed with me, they're class.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2925
    tFB Trader

Good result joneve :)

We had a Springer, he was great, so full of beans. He used to escape the garden (can't half jump...) and go roaming, we lived near fields and an old airfield. One time he didn't come back and was gone all night. He was found by someone next day. He'd got his leg clamped in a rabbit trap, one of the ancient ones with two serrated jaws. He was only found because his golden retriever pal stayed with him all night, the bloke wondered what a dog was doing sat out in this old field, but our dog couldn't be seen because he was in a ditch.

Another time he went off roaming and got lost, but made his way to a friends house a couple of miles away, they found him sitting outside their door. Thing is he'd only ever been there once or twice and in the car... it could be chance but does seem like he singled out this house, out of all the estate. Incredible sense of smell I guess.

Dogs rock.

She's been really mopey all afternoon apparently, after her mate got back from the vets. Think she must be genuinely concerned for her. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22881
    My brother's had three Springers.  They've all been a bit mental, in different ways, but with very different personalities.  The current one is lovely but a complete loose cannon, I'd hate to try to walk him on my own.
  • We've got a Cavachon, a Cavalier/Bichon cross. He is utterly nuts. We have trained him a little, but walking correctly is a lost cause. He is totally led by his nose but at least, after 3 years, I have bought a harness so hopefully he won't get a collapsed trachea or thyroid problems. If we let him off lead he WILL find fox poo, anywhere anytime.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3624
    Yes, dogs are great..

photo dotchairjpg

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2016
    Philly_Q said:
    My brother's had three Springers.  They've all been a bit mental, in different ways, but with very different personalities.  The current one is lovely but a complete loose cannon, I'd hate to try to walk him on my own.
    We got REALLY lucky with Poppy. Don't get me wrong, you can definitely tell she's a springer, but she has a really calm temperament most of the time - mostly because we try not to feed her anything that isn't legit, expensive stuff (i.e. that doesn't have additives) and we make sure he has enough stimulation. 
    Plus, my wife has put in hundreds of hours training, which has really paid off

I'd be reluctant to get another, as I don't think we'd be so lucky with having them so easy to train and not be mad as a hatter.

EDIT: terrible grammar. 
  • Dogs are tres awesome.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi