Tokai Love rock relic?

Hey guys,
picking up a 2002 Love Rock relic next weekend. Only about 24 made for the UK market..
Anybody here have/played one of them?
Ta =)
Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2373
    edited September 2016
    I played one a good while back (probably 10 years or so). No idea what year it was, or what exact model (except it was about £1000 IIRC). EDIT: Now I think I can't remember if it was reliced or just a kind of satiny nitro finish.

Was really awesome. D Excellent score.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14445
    tFB Trader
    I recall seeing one or two around 2002 - Can't recall selling one or the full spec but were they not upgraded with more vintage flavoured pick-ups, wiring loom and caps - I can recall a 1K plus price tag, so not much help to you but at the time they were very similar in price to a Gibson LP Standard
  • Cool, thanks guys. It'll be early next week before I can collect it. Will do a NGD ;)
    The pickups are burstbuckers in it too ;)
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2373
    edited September 2016
    I recall seeing one or two around 2002 - Can't recall selling one or the full spec but were they not upgraded with more vintage flavoured pick-ups, wiring loom and caps - I can recall a 1K plus price tag, so not much help to you but at the time they were very similar in price to a Gibson LP Standard
    Yeah I seem to remember the guy in the shop claiming it had duncan seth lovers, but i had no idea if that was true or not. they did sound pretty sweet IIRC.