Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Blackmachine B2 on eBay...

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006

I'd suggest coming and buying a B6 and a Feline Lion and still having beer money left from £6k (£7k if you want a 25th Anniversary)
    Sounds like a plan.
    I'll be down after lunch, we'll get the guitar stuff sorted and then go to the pub.

Man I would so love to do that....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I also am pretty unfamiliar with them, I don't understand the Feline connection. 
    I read a guitarist review about 6 years ago ( maybe not) and it said they were a Telecaster for the metal player. 
    I know that Misha from Periphery has/had one. 

Me too. Apart from seeing the odd mention of them on here, they've completely passed me by..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    armitaan said:
    @guitarfishbay I get that but I thought same guy was still building these or equivalent guitars and new build prices much lower?
    Order book is currently closed. 

http://www.blackmachine.net/ordering.htm

You can only get the one Feline makes at the minute as far as I'm aware
    A few months back, that part of that site changed and took a few orders. Not for long though, and if I remember rightly when I spoke to him before that, he was very honest that his new prices will be expensive due to the time he takes and also I think he only wants to build for people that ideally aren't gonna flog them on for profit. 

I recall the SG he built on Facebook for £1600, some Dutch dude bought it and it went straight on eBay for something like 4 times that price.

For me the B6 is the one to go for. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Oh so they are popular with djenters - probably why I've never heard of them.  

I would never spend that much on a guitar, I'd go for Feline's option.  
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33798
    The correct term is Djentlemen. :)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm sure they're very nice - if you like that kind of thing - but surely most pointy/widdley guitars are very nicely made? And given the levels of gain that that are used for that style of playing, I can't believe the sound of the guitar really matters.

I'd have thought a Suhr, a high-end Ibanez - or something similar would be just as good.

And before anyone points out the obvious - yes, I am an out of touch old tosser....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonic said:
    The correct term is Djentlemen. :)

Never heard that one before! 

Some of those guys are really great, tight rhythm players. 

I'm sure they're very nice - if you like that kind of thing - but surely most pointy/widdley guitars are very nicely made? And given the levels of gain that that are used for that style of playing, I can't believe the sound of the guitar really matters.

I'd have thought a Suhr, a high-end Ibanez - or something similar would be just as good.

And before anyone points out the obvious - yes, I am an out of touch old tosser....

For some reason Suhr don't really do metal style guitars.  They did have an 80s type guitar out a few years back, with a gaudy paint job and a Floyd rose.  I guess the most "metal" Suhr would be the Moderns, or that 7 string with the fixed bridge they have out now. 

• bingefeller said:
    For some reason Suhr don't really do metal style guitars.  They did have an 80s type guitar out a few years back, with a gaudy paint job and a Floyd rose.  I guess the most "metal" Suhr would be the Moderns, or that 7 string with the fixed bridge they have out now. 
    As I said, I'm an out of touch old tosser!
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33798
    edited September 2016
    octatonic said:
    The correct term is Djentlemen.

Never heard that one before! 

Some of those guys are really great, tight rhythm players. 

I'm sure they're very nice - if you like that kind of thing - but surely most pointy/widdley guitars are very nicely made? And given the levels of gain that that are used for that style of playing, I can't believe the sound of the guitar really matters.

Suhr aren't the weapon of choice for the extreme metal players but a lot of hard rock and non-extreme metal guys use them.
    They are expensive though, compared to an ESP or Ibanez but the quality is on another level.
    I can't speak to Blackmachine- I've heard great things but I've only had very limited time on one.

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    For the uninitiated (there are other threads on Fretboard where I have explained the connection - use the search)
    Doug and I have been best mates since 1990
    Started hanging out  & trading guitar bits and building guitars together by proxy 
    My background was guitar workshop based and his was engineering based.
    Sort of helped each others guitar making skills and learned of each other 
    Doug was initially better at fretwork than I was, but that has reversed to a degree, although his fretting is flawless

As Feline is 25 years old (officially) next year , it figures that Blackmachine isn't far behind, although the actual brand name didn't maybe emerge till near the millennium.

Doug is not financially driven and has always been driven by the science & artform when it comes to his guitars.
    He has a lot of strong principles in how he does things - actually many are old fashioned ideas of grain alignment and letting the timbers relax and de-stress before building each stage, which is not a recipe for fast builds or for increasing the numbers of units being made.
    He can be really annoying but I can't fault a thing about how he does most of his guitar work.

The reason he opens and the closes his order list the way he does is he cant cope with the constant level of correspondence he gets otherwise and actually only wants to have maybe 2-3 projects on the go at a time .
    I understand this fully as I have 250-300 active B6 enquiries on the go and you can't keep on top of it all ....and can't do that and get any work done. I'm having to resort to a general mailing list and first come first served when I announce that some are ready.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• bobthemercifulbobthemerciful Frets: 5
    edited September 2016
    Didn't realise I've actually known Doug longer than Jonathan
  • Didn't realise I've actually known Doug longer than Jonathan
  • Didn't realise I've actually known Doug longer than Jonathan
  • Why won't the rest of my post appear?