Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What's your favourite Youtube clip guitar tone?

What's Hot
RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13960
edited September 2016 in Guitar
I like the tones Dan and Mick get most of the time on That Pedal Show but my favourite tones in particular are the Klon vs Archer from the Tones for Tache video below, especially the 61 SG Jr. I also love the tones Joe Bonamassa gets in the clips of the upcoming Live at The Greek Theatre show.

what are you're faves?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BasherBasher Frets: 1206
    Hmm. Too many to mention. Here's an old fave - jazzy without being that totally dull, rolled-off tone archtop sound, fusiony without being that complete gained-out boogie sound. 

• octatonic said:
    Was this a Victory and Marshall? Its lovely.
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13960
    That Guthrie Govan is really good

• I cringe every time that Steven Wilson video is posted on here. I'm willing to accept its because it's completely not my sort of thing but there's so much posturing and poncing going on from the players it's like a poor 80's pastiche. 
    How very rock and roll
  • paulkpaulk Frets: 318
    I really find this weird - trying to judge something that's represented in a medium it's not primarily designed for. Or maybe I'm just an old fart.
  • RaveRave Frets: 268

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72685

Yes, I know it's an official clip designed to sell a product.

It doesn't make it any less the best sound I've ever heard come out of a guitar amplifier.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Genuinely, some of the tones I've been most impressed by on YouTube have been Satchel from Steel Panther demoing the Yamaha THR.

Van Halen at 2:35 and Poison at 4:05 sound huge, as does Gold Digging Whore at 6:25. And the lick at around 9:40... it does actually sound like a big amp.

- "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    And obviously... Mateus.

- "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • Bucket said:
    And obviously... Mateus.

Well, obviously....

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Rave, good shout - Mr Fastfinger (!) is amazing.
  • Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    ICBM said:

It doesn't make it any less the best sound I've ever heard come out of a guitar amplifier.

This.. Loved it the second I heard it a while ago.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72685
    Si_ said:
    ICBM said:

This.. Loved it the second I heard it a while ago.
    The immensely frustrating thing for me is that I detest the sounds on the second input, which are the "point" of a Boogie in many ways… and it would seem a bit daft to spend that much on an amp to only use half its sounds.

What's also quite funny is that I can get reasonably close with a Mesa Flux Drive pedal and a … Peavey Special :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I cringe every time that Steven Wilson video is posted on here. I'm willing to accept its because it's completely not my sort of thing but there's so much posturing and poncing going on from the players it's like a poor 80's pastiche. 
    What's the alternative? Buy an offset and shoe gaze? 
    I'd rather give up music. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28347
    I can't be arsed to post a video that probably nobody will watch, but I'm a big fan of Thomas Blug's live tone. Luvverly.
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6194

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • axisus said:
    I can't be arsed to post a video that probably nobody will watch, but I'm a big fan of Thomas Blug's live tone. Luvverly.
    I can't be arsed searching YouTube for an example of said tone, on the vague off-chance that I might actually like it....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28347
    I cringe every time that Steven Wilson video is posted on here. I'm willing to accept its because it's completely not my sort of thing but there's so much posturing and poncing going on from the players it's like a poor 80's pastiche. 
    Talk about over your head! That is one of the great solos of the past decade. Still, each to his own.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom