Replacing long leg pick ups with short?

I've a Gibson Midtown with Burstbuckers and have the opportunity of a good price on some Bare Knuckle Mississippi Queens. 

I believe that Burstbuckers come in long leg (I don't want to open it up until I need to) and wondered if I can put the short leg ones in with no problems. 
Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I would have thought so..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72686
    Yes, it's the other way round which you can't.

The short-leg pickups do sometimes wobble around or not sit at the right angle in the ring, but it's easily cured with a small piece of foam rubber under the pickup.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Thanks, both.

@ICBM, any suggestions on getting the wiring right when going from Gibson Burstbuckers to Bare Knuckle (Mississippi Queens)?  The colour differences always throw me!  I can't seem to find any info on what the yellow wiring in here is.  There's brown, yellow, white and braided.
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent