Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Moral Dilemma re: Gig Fee. What would you have done?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Sounds like you made a very good call there, means you don't have to worry about shitty clients! May i ask which venue? This is our area, always good to know just in case clients don't give us the info!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I think you did the right thing @RocknRollDave. Well played.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17630
    tFB Trader
    Last time I was in that situation (it was an event rather than a wedding) I told the organiser and they told the venue to fuck off, or give her a refund as they hadn't told her in advance and so we ended up playing anyway.

Result :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sounds like you made a very good call there, means you don't have to worry about shitty clients! May i ask which venue? This is our area, always good to know just in case clients don't give us the info!
    PM'ed ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @RocknRollDave ;

An interesting twist in the story... within an hour of you telling me the venue, I got a wedding enquiry for it! The wedding planner who wants us ran a wedding there the weekend before you, and had no such curfews, Band until 12 and a loud DJ until 1am. I have a feeling that that night may have led to complaints, and a change of policy by the time you guys arrived!
  • @RocknRollDave ;

An interesting twist in the story... within an hour of you telling me the venue, I got a wedding enquiry for it! The wedding planner who wants us ran a wedding there the weekend before you, and had no such curfews, Band until 12 and a loud DJ until 1am. I have a feeling that that night may have led to complaints, and a change of policy by the time you guys arrived!
    Blimey! What are the chances?!

It is a nice venue though, definitely would play there again.

I guess we just fell unlucky and got Mr Jobsworth for duty manager that night!

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7788

Maybe it wouldn't hurt to check with every venue you get booked for to see if they have any restrictions, then you can pass on that information to the couple if necessary well ahead of the day and not get caught out at the last moment.

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister