NPD - infinity looper.

markblackmarkblack Frets: 1591
edited September 2016 in FX
I had an RC-3 and sold it after I got my helix. The looper on the helix is fine, but it's a basic looper like a ditto.

So I decided to get another RC-3 - does the job, not t0o pricy. But of course I got carried away and ended up with the pigtronix.

Just starting to get into it, and I'm very impressed. You need the additional pedal - I made one for about £8's worth of parts (I had the old pedal casing it's too big, but I hate wasting stuff).

Takes a while to get your head around it, but once the penny drops it's really useful. I've only scratched the surface, but I can see it getting quite a bit of use for practice purposes.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Yeah I just bought @handsomerik's wonderful looper. There's a lot of features backed in. Saves a huge amount of helix dsp too.
  • Yup I love my one
  • Bloody amazing tool - easily the most useful & inspiring pedal I've ever owned. :)
  • @guitargeek62  @monkaiboy  @Teetonetal ;

Got a chance to really give it ago last night, have to agree with all of the above. Two channels is great.

Quick question - do any of you use the application on a Mac, I've installed it and got it working, downloaded audio off the looper, uploaded a drum loop to it. But every time the pedal stays in usb be mode and displays "U" on the LED - is there something you have to do to get it out of USB mode? I've looked online but drawn a blank.

I have to restart to get the pedal out of USB mode each time - can't be normal?

Cheers, Mark
  • Nope, haven't looked into computer integration yet. Although the memory is now full, so will need to soon!
  • Also not got that far. 
  • @Teetonetal @monkaiboy if you do crack it let me know :)
  • Have you contacted Pigtronix?
  • @monkaiboy yep, dropped them a note. I'm sure I'll hear back from them.
  • @markblack I found this too. Quick check of the manual and it say that you have to reboot the infinity after connecting to USB.

I have an issue with stereo loops. I have helix connected up with a stereo panning term. When cutting the loop I get stereo out put. as soon as I play back it's in mono. Driving me nuts...
  • Welcome to the club. I love mine - so useful for us as a midi-centric band. Love the reversing and the speeding down options too. 
  • @Teetonetal cheers for that. Got a reply from pigtronix that confirmed that. 

@GavRichList just starting to get more into the features. I'm impressed so far. 
  • aswefallintostaticaswefallintostatic Frets: 28
    edited September 2016
    I had the infinity for a while but found its workflow to be a bit counter intuitive sometimes, and the looping points would occasionally click, particularly with multiple overdubs. They were really easy guys to deal with though, I hope they fixed these bugs by now! Doesnt it basically do the same as the newest Ditto looper but in a smaller footprint now?
  • I had the infinity for a while but found its workflow to be a bit unreliable, and the looping points would occasionally click, particularly with multiple overdubs. Hope they fixed these bugs by now! Doesnt it basically do the same as the newest Ditto looper but in a smaller footprint now?
    Not sure how extensive the ditto x4 midi control is, also it's made by TC Electronics, which means I automatically can't buy it ;) On paper looks a good unit though.
  • Incase any one else wonders, there is a stere to mono mix down option in the boot up menu, accessed from the app.
    No longer ticked and I have glorious helix stereo loops :)