Your Ultimate/Fantasy board

What's Hot
kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
OK - I'm a long way down the modelling rabbit hole at the moment, and very happy with my AX8, but it doesn't stop a man from dreaming, so I was thinking about my ultimate board from pedals that I have owned or like the look of (any that I've not owned are marked with an asterix, out of interest). Based on boards I've built before, I've modelled my ultimate board around a Gigrig G2, just to give it a framework and a format (and some limitations) really. Be really interested in your choices. Mine below:

Before the looper - Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
Loop 1 - Compressor - Dinosaural OTC201
Loop 2 - Modulation - Lovepedal Vibronaut
Loop 3 - Boost - Analog.man Beano Boost
Loop 4 - Drive - Klon KTR
Loop 5 - Drive - Analog.man KOT
Loop 6 - Fuzz - Muffroom Cloud (pre-lawsuit, natch...)
Loop 7 - Mod - Strymon Mobius
Loop 8 - Delay - analog.man ardx20*
Loop 9  - Delay - Strymon Timeline
Loop 10 - Reverb - Strymon BigSky
In the Volume send/return - Mission Volume Pedal, Suhr Koko Boost

Possible substitutions

Loop 1 - Compressor - Effectrode PCA-2A
Loop 4 - Drive - Lovepedal Amp1
Loop 5 - Drive - Fulltone OCD
Loop 6 - Fuzz - Hudson Broadcast
Loop 8 - Delay - Chase Bliss Tonal Recall*

What would you do in (roughly) the same format?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    edited September 2016
    an entire board of mooger foogers. i'd also throw in a theremin (moog etherwave) to control the pedals.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1633
    If it was based totally around fantasy then I wouldn't need any drive pedals as id be able to turn my amps up as loud as I wanted and use that drive tone.

Other than that it's a FuzzFace, a delay, trem and reverb. 

Oh and maybe a treble booster, oh and maybe a phaser, oh and maybe a flanger.

Other than that I'm a total purist, just guitar into amp for me......
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    edited September 2016
    frank1985 said:
    an entire board of mooger foogers. i'd also throw in a theremin (moog etherwave) to control the pedals.
    @frank1985 it is great fun but you need a damn big board

http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q695/meltedbuzzbox/8815a4d7-d287-49c2-bce9-a9f45f6ca0fd_zpsddwux6gw.jpg

I couldn't get them all on a pedaltrain pro

http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q695/meltedbuzzbox/IMG_20151220_222248_zpsxihx3kql.jpg

the mf101 and mf102 have an always on gain stage so they can drive your signal and give you an edge of break up sound that is a bit of a faff to manage as they boost each other.

They are the only pedals I have ever seen that you can play without a guitar, the Mf101 has about 2 or 3 octaves of notes it can generate without any input source. 

but anyway, they are well worth getting hold of, they are truly unique and they do trounce everything else. Anything from beautiful sweet modulaton to total bat shit mental in the sweep of a control (or expression pedal)
    Each one adds 1kg of weight to your board. Not fun when you have to climb three flights of stairs with it all in a flight case. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I would love an all Lovetone board, maybe when the prices calm down a bit I will grab some.
    I'd love a meatball and a doppelganger
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30941
    I have it already.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    Before the looper - Jerry Cantrell Wah
    Loop 1 - Archer - set with some drive
    Loop 2 - JHS Colour Box
    Loop 3 - Friedman BE-OD
    Loop 4 - 
    Made by Mike DreamBox.
    Loop 5 - 
    Archer - set as clean boost
    Loop 6 - Boss CE-2
    Loop 7 - Phase 90
    Loop 8 - Juansolo Flanger
    Loop 9 - Wampler Faux Tape Echo
    Loop 10 - EQD Levitation

• Something involving a Moogerfooger MF104M, Binson Echorec and an Eventide Eclipse.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28651
    I'm quite happy with what I've got; Line6 Helix, Turbo Tuner, MIDI clock, Soure Audio Reflex and a DIY controller for the looper on the Helix. It'd be nice to do that with fewer boxes - the Helix ought to be able to do a lot of it onboard with some updates.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11902
    I already have mine  :3 (or 2 rather)

Although I've not wired them all up yet.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    @RaymondLin how's the Cloven Hoof.
    DanR said:
    @RaymondLin how's the Cloven Hoof.
    Ballsy, aggressive and in your face with a pleasing low end.
  • @RaymondLin I think your boards constitute most of my "WOWs" quota.
    @RaymondLin I think your boards constitute most of my "WOWs" quota.
    There are a few that isn't on there, namely Scarab Deluxe, Dispatch Master, Flux Capacitor Delay.
  • Having been around the pedal block a few times now. I can honestly say I have no clue.

I like the moog and chase bliss stuff (except the tr) but need to think about it..
  • Having been around the pedal block a few times now. I can honestly say I have no clue.

I like the moog and chase bliss stuff (except the tr) but need to think about it..
    You and me both.

You and me both.
    Interesting is that most of the pedals you've had are the ones I haven't. So many to try!

I've come slowly to the conclusion that there are very few extra special pedals out there. Mostly it's about finding the ones that allow you to control the sound in the way you want. 

Case in point Timeline = nemisis = time factor = dd500 = empress vmsd. 

Give me any of those and I'm going to get most of the sounds I need from a delay.  But I will prefer the UI over some than the others.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Assuming my two amps I'd be plugging into would be a Divided by 13 JRT 915 for drive and a 65 Fender Twin for reverby cleans, and assuming I could invent some fantasy world modifications to pedals as well, it would probably be...

First up an EHX POG modded to not break as per normal EHX pedals, set to double the octave below at about 75% volume
    Into a Boss LS2 to switch between two chains of fx, one for each amp.
    Chain A to /13 amp:
    Digitech Whammy 5, mostly for octave up solos but also modded to have a Theremin sound controlled by the treadle.
    MXR Micro Amp +, the one with tone control, to boost the amp drive for my rhythm tone
    Thorpy FX Muffroom/Fallout Cloud for solo/lead riffs
    Chain B to the Twin:
    Mad Professor Sweet Honey for low gain boost

The only concern for me in this scenario would be the lack of reverb on the /13, which I might well have to add at the mixing desk I guess as adding it before the amp drive might not work so well

I feel that apart from one expensive amp and an improbable (but ultimately inessential) mod to the Whammy, my so-called fantsay board is actually quite achievable. I must be easy to please :)

Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4601
    Emma Bunton, in a bikini and high heels

You and me both.
    Interesting is that most of the pedals you've had are the ones I haven't. So many to try!

I've come slowly to the conclusion that there are very few extra special pedals out there. Mostly it's about finding the ones that allow you to control the sound in the way you want. 

Case in point Timeline = nemisis = time factor = dd500 = empress vmsd. 

Give me any of those and I'm going to get most of the sounds I need from a delay.  But I will prefer the UI over some than the others.
    Bang on about the user interface. All of the ones you listed there, I can get fantastic sounding repeats, but in a live context (and away from the preset surfing and your playing "cave" at home) it's all about the UI, I've found recently.

I tried the Tonal Recall, sounds heartbreakingly beautiful, but trying one out in the shop I couldn't get on with the UI (also max delay time is only 550ms, I need longer).

The Minifooger is still my favourite analogue delay, though. Stunning repeats.
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3057
    edited September 2016
    My dream rig would be :

Behringer Hell Babe Wah
    Rocktek compressor
    Danelecrrtro Sitar Swami
    digitech Grunge
    Boss Metal Zone
    EHX Worm
    DOD fx45 reverb

But then again I do tend to eat far to much blue cheese just before bed.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom