NPD Source Audio Nemesis Delay

sherpa_mansherpa_man Frets: 726

Just picked one up, the review look great and I like the midi control on a small foot print. Anybody using one?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    Yep, have had mine for a couple of months now. Stunning piece of kit and I'm always learning something new every time I use it.

Having a bit of trouble downloading new firmware at the moment but a few niggles aside it's pretty great. I've not even got fully acquainted with the app yet! Tbh it's still early days and I'm still not fully convinced this is 'the one', but that's more down to personal preference and whether the cost equates to how much usage it gets in a band situation. I don't use delay that much but it's going to be hard to part with this thing.

The MIDI aspect looks enticing but that would just make things more complicated for my tiny little mind. Maybe some time down the line.
  • The Neuro app is absolutely amazing. The control over the delays are unbeliveable. By using the app you can upload new "engines" into the pedal. For example, they just made an Echorec enginge available and the app can just drop it in to replace one of the engines in there (for example, you might decide to lose the tape delay and replace it with the Echorec engine). Then you can use the app to change any of the settings. The app also allows you to use other peoples' shared presets.

Alternatively you can just play with the knobs on the pedal itself to get some really beautiful delays out of it.

The midi part is interesting. Without midi you can get access to your first eight presets from the footswitches or the little selector button. If you have some form of midi controller then you can access up to 127 presets.

There is a MASSIVE thread over on TGP (currently over 300 pages) where the Source Audio team are very active if ou want ot see how other people are using it:
    http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/source-audio-nemesis-delay.1539703/

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Yep, ordered it very early (think I was second UK order they had!)

Still loving it, and have yet to find a fault
  • I had one, very versatile and lots of good sounds, easy to use UI on the pedal too (unlike the H9 I had for a while). I ended up selling and replaced it with an Obscura, simply because I don't use much delay and when I do it was either tape or analog. The Obscura does that with tap tempo and a tone control in a smaller, cheaper box, so a better fit for me.
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    edited September 2016
    I had one, very versatile and lots of good sounds, easy to use UI on the pedal too (unlike the H9 I had for a while). I ended up selling and replaced it with an Obscura, simply because I don't use much delay and when I do it was either tape or analog. The Obscura does that with tap tempo and a tone control in a smaller, cheaper box, so a better fit for me.
    Funnily enough this is kinda the same situation I'm in. I still miss the compact size of the Obscura and it's amazing sounds.

I frickin love the Helix mode on the Nemesis though (practically Mode 7 on the Boss PS-3), and the Binson engine could be a winner once the firmware sorts itself out. Also calling up presets in one single click is a massive help.
  • shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    I also have one.  The tgp thread mentioned a couple posts up is a must read.  There is a new version of the firmware with an echorec model that everyone seems to be going nuts over, but I haven't had chance to try yet.  There's also supposed to be a new version of the app going to be released soon with new models and an easier way of doing sub divisions.