ThorpyFX Gunshot

djc808djc808 Frets: 8
edited September 2016 in FX
A question for you Gunshot users, i'm sure Thorpy is on here too?

Loving the demos i've seen on youtube for this pedal, they always seem to be on a clean amp though.

Anyone know how this thing handles a dirty amp, just past the verge of break up? Either an AC15 or my 1987X (ppimv mod) 

I'm thinking this would be great to take my tone from slightly dirty, to proper rhythm crunch, then i'll wack on my micro amp plus in front of it for an extra boost for leads etc.

Then when only a clean amp is available (regularly share backline with a guy who uses a fender twin) I can just up the gain and use the gunshot as my main crunch.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• google has found me an old thread on here the dearch function hadnt found, the answer seems to be yes, it'll do whatever I want it to.

Any extra input would be great though
  • Email reply from them. That's customer service 
  • johnhejohnhe Frets: 191
    I haven't tried my Gunshot into a dirty amp, but if you roll the gain up and the calibre all the way off, you have a very tubescreamer type sound. That makes me extremely confident that the Gunshot will perform extremely well in front of an overdriven amp.
  • On the second half of this vid you can hear it into a dirty amp:

It works rather well although you might decide to roll of some low end depending on the tone you are going for. I reckon the Gunshot V2 could even include a 2db low cut switch.