Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

HONESTLY..how busy are you?

What's Hot

Comments

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3594
    I get to run the dept. and am ultimately responsible for output. Some times are quiet but others are manic. Manage to take lunch most days and usually get away before 5.30
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice try, boss. You know how busy I am, and if you think I'm going to own up to browsing here on and off throughout the day you're dimmer than I thought.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    When on the tills at work, I'm always occupied but I don't really feel busy because it's a steady stream of one thing at a time.

On the thankfully rare occasions I'm on the bakery at work, it is 4000% flat out with 80 different things all the time.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    edited September 2016
    Very busy, but it is bloody difficult to actually get stuff done. A project manager asked today when a design would be complete, he wanted it done next week. I suggested that if there were not almost daily update meetings for this project, and meetings for all the other projects, I *might* have time to actually do some work rather than talk about it.

I leave on time every day though unless there is a major shit-storm (which are not really my area any more), but have to work through lunch probably once a week.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33812
    I have a pretty leisurely life and I wouldn't trade places with anyone.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10441
    Weekends in the summer  can be hectic, as in daytime gig then nighttime gig then 2 daytime gigs then a nighttime gig , so it feels like all you do is sleep in late -ish and gig.  In the winter there's less so do more design and repair work in the winter
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • I reckon I'm at 110% to be honest, both the senior person above me and the junior person below me left in May and I've been doing both of their jobs and my own since. Fed up of it but since we were taken over...sorry "merged"...they don't give a flying fuddle
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • Having re-read my own post, pointless work that isn't relevant to my what my role is trying to achieve is what annoys me. As far as busy goes, my favourite type of busy is getting absolutely fucking battered with work, but being part of a great team that gets the job done. I've had five or six part-time jobs where that's happened and am happy to go back for more. Happy days :)
  • Well I certainly haven't got time for all this nonesense....
  • I'm really busy. Tomorrow I'll be taking my daughter to school. Then I'll be picking her up.
    To fill the rest of the day I'll be putting a new top E on my Les Paul. Phew.
  • I work from home, so always time for a cuppa, though usually only drink 2 in the day.  Drink loads of water though....

currently in Malaga, at company HQ. So, very busy. 
  • Not very busy ever TBH. I hate my work place, but the working hours are very good.
    There are two of us in our department and that's only really because it's IT and holidays would be impossible with only one person! Also the IT "Manager" makes it his mission to ensure nothing is the departments responsibility.
    Doesn't suit my work ethic at all and I hate it here, but the working hours allow me loads more time to spend with my wife and son than previous jobs, so I put up with it for now!
  • I work for startups which is great fun but the downside is putting in 60-80 hours a week
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Ups and downs. At the moment very very busy. It'll calm down when child arrives I guess.

lol.
  • Big corporate firm here.

Based on an eight hour day, five days a week, I've been somewhere around 150% since January. Some of that is admin and proper filing and dealing with contracts and invoicing rather than actually doing my job as such, but all of it is part of the task.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4317
    I start at 7am and finish at 3:30pm. Some days are very busy, others are dead. It really depends on the time of month (month end busy) and time of year. 

The last time i did office based OT was at some point in 2011. So I guess it can't be that bad. 

However, if I go abroad then I don't really leave the office ie. In at 7:30am leaving sometime around 9pm with breaks for lunch and dinner, as there isn't really much else to do when on biz trips. At least it makes time go quick. 

I live 10 mins from the office, so no commute. I miss the traffic because of my hours. And I get to spend a decent amount of time with the wife and kids when I get in. 

I despise what I do, but it pays the bills, and currently suits my lifestyle. I've absolutely killed my career prospects though. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• marantz1300marantz1300 Frets: 3107
    edited September 2016

I work in building maintenance. Start at 06.30 ,finish at 19.20 on Days.

18.00 to 07.15 on nights.

Walk between 10 and 15 miles a day.

We have NO lunch or tea breaks, eat when you can. Some days we don't eat.

Have to deal with staff, contractors ,cleaners ,security ,post room, IT, and do EVERY thing form controlling /monitoring the BMS,A/C, AHU's, Chillers, Boilers. blinds ,windows, carpets, taps, soap dispensers, doors, lighting ,power, UPS systems, Data centres ,floods, kitchens, tiles, ceilings, Fire alarm systems ,  access control,  ,painting ,reports, admin, plant checks,  desks  ,chairs W Fi, ordering materials, PPM;s , and readings, gas  drains, access control , cameras, showers, gym equipment , lifts , pest control , water treatment , tanks ,generators , Crak units ,transformers , meter readings keys, furniture , clocks , water mains, pumps,  to unblocking the bogs. NOTHING is not our responsibility, yet some feel the maintenance sit on their arse all day waiting for a phone call.

Plus we have four other buildings to look after ,so 3,500 people to please.

There is two of us on shift, if one is off  you get to work with someone from an agency  who knows nothing about the buildings.

It's a bit busy.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Without a doubt, the people who complain most about being busy in my office are the ones who start late, take long breaks, talk a lot and surf the net a lot. They feel busy because they shrink their hours down by doing other things, then complain of the pressure.

I am busy, but don't feel busy, although I surf the net a bit, I don't really talk, I start early and finish late.
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774

I work in building maintenance. Start at 06.30 ,finish at 19.20 on Days.

18.00 to 07.15 on nights.

Walk between 10 and 15 miles a day.

We have NO lunch or tea breaks, eat when you can. Some days we don't eat.

Have to deal with staff, contractors ,cleaners ,security ,post room, IT, and do EVERY thing form controlling /monitoring the BMS,A/C, AHU's, Chillers, Boilers. blinds ,windows, carpets, taps, soap dispensers, doors, lighting ,power, UPS systems, Data centres ,floods, kitchens, tiles, ceilings, Fire alarm systems ,  access control,  ,painting ,reports, admin, plant checks,  desks  ,chairs W Fi, ordering materials, PPM;s , and readings, gas  drains, access control , cameras, showers, gym equipment , lifts , pest control , wayer treatment , tanks ,generators , Crak units ,transformers , meter readings keys, furniture , clocks , water mains, pumps,  to unblocking the bogs. NOTHING is not our responsibility, yet some feel the maintenance sit on their arse all day waiting for a phone call.

Plus we have four other buildings to look after ,so 3,500 people to please.

There is two of us on shift, if one is off  you get to work with someone from an agency  who knows nothing about the buildings.

It's a bit busy.

I hope they pay you well, if not, you should find a new job!

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Today not so busy - I'm reinstalling SQL Server 2014 on my development machine as the latest MS patch killed my instance (thanks MS).

Most of the time I'm pretty busy, just the way I like it, it very dull otherwise :)

Some of my co-workers would not know work if it landed on them though - workshy fuckers!