Boss Space Echo

What's Hot
xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
I have recently bought one of these. I should have got one years ago. I thoroughly enjoy the sounds and overall I find it pretty unqiue and inspiring. 

Is anyone else a fan? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• xsheqxsheq Frets: 71
    I used to have the actual tape echo unit it's based on. Genuine classic piece of kit. 
  • Wait til you fall out of love with your drives, amps and replace everything, twice, until you realise it's the worst tone sucking pedal I've ever known. I couldn't believe it when I replaced it mimics it had ruined my sound. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    edited September 2016
    Love this pedal, i'd happily sacrifice some of my tone for it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I got one about 3 weeks ago and I love it too! The tape winding effect when you hold down the right pedal is fantastic, as well as the sound in general :)
    I've got it in the fx loop of my Orange OR15, EQ > Chorus > Space Echo > Strymon Bluesky and I couldn't be happier with my tone right now!
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28651
    A glorious pedal. It might only do one thing, but it's a jolly good thing.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • BeefBeef Frets: 260
    Had one of these briefly a while back. I'm obsessed with tape delay and wanted a digital emulator - I loved it but I had to get rid of it because it was just too large, and as Lustycourtier says, it really is an absolute tone-sucking monster.

More recently I was fortunate enough to pick up a genuine RE-201 for a wicked great price. It's a stunner. Gotta hand it to Boss as the pedal version is surprisingly faithful recreation. Especially when you realise that the big daddy RE-201 is a total tone-sucking champ too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom