Any Decent MultiFX With Good Drive Sounds?

What's Hot
MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1244
I've a pretty decent collection of pedals, and a tasty gigging pedalboard that I play through my Egnater Renegade.

I'm wondering if we've got to the point now with DSP power and modelling where I can confidently buy a multifx that really does cover the ground with regard to overdrives?  Even 20 years ago, there were great digital echos, reverbs, and cool exotic stuff.  

Some clips on YouTube do sound good, but they're neatly always using a line out/cab sim to get a good recorded sound.  I'm thinking about straight into the Eggy.
Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Fractal FX8 has great drives 
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Helix has great drives, and at the other end of the price scale the Zoom G3 has nice drives too
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28657
    From the VG-8 onwards most multiFX have had at least a few perfectly decent drives.

Also before the VG-8.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17663
    tFB Trader
    The drives on the Boss GT-100 are alright.
  • Depends how much you want to spend, from what I've demo'd the Fractal FX8/AX8 and Line6 Helix are stunning, but all over £1200 new, s/h still £800 ish. 
    Ive had great results from my Eleven Rack, the drive pedals, pre amps and fx are excellent, depends on how much you intend on utilising it, I use my 11r with real pedals into the front of my real amp, if I were only using the multifx I'd prob get a Helix. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • FRACTAL FX8 !!!
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30945
    Get a Carl Martin Quattro. Utterly fantastic and in a different tonal league to the digi stuff.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10453
    It depends on what drive sounds .... full on metal there's loads of useable Multi effects ..... never heard a convincing classic rock Marshall sound though
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • The FX8 listed above is mine (thanks @Roland !!)

Quite simply the best drives on a multi-fx - the reason I am selling is due to me needing something for direct gigs and I have gone (purely for the interest free purchase options) to a Helix which is equally as good.

Helix/FX8/AX8 are a level playing field IMO and the FX8 is just pure heaven in 4CM and is easy to use, as intuitive as the Helix I would say having used both