need advice....klones and valves..

HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15981
edited September 2016 in FX

and Kingsleys....

I am expecting a coupla kingsley toob OD pedals soon to partner my Minstrel...

so the plan is a Minstrel & Jouster with a PAGE last in line for boosts

- the Page is a versatile beast and can be used as a OD itself, especially if boosted from the front -

so I'm looking for something tae sit 1st in line, upstream, tae goose/boost the Page and other ODs for a wee leg up during solos and so on...

the Simon cat from Kingsley is bringing out a single knob boost this year (the Serf) specifically for this job but I was wondering what the ARC V2 would be like in this 1st in line position

as I understand it the Klones are more suited tae driving an already cooking amp.....and prefer the last in line place.

so is it a good choice you think for this 1st in line "goosing" job into a twin type clean amp?

also......is the ARC v2 a fair OD with gain up into a clean amp?

KLON NOOB

tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BradBrad Frets: 663
    Looks like we're treading a similar path here @hootsmon, but I wish you didn't tell me Kingsley are doin another pedal though! :-)

No experience with the ARC, but I've been using a Rockett Archer for the past couple of years. I keep the gain low and the volume on full (treble to taste) and it worked really well before the other overdrive pedals I was using at the time Rockett Chicken Soup or Blue Note. I didn't like it after my drive pedals...

I've not tried the Archer before my Kingsley stuff yet but I'll give it a go at my gig this weekend and report back. 

Between the Minstrel, Jouster and Page it seems you're covered with a lot of filth :-)
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15981
    Great.....I'll be awaiting your report Brad  :)
    tae be or not tae be
    C'mon on in Kingsley and Kloners
    tae be or not tae be
  • AxeWieldingBastardAxeWieldingBastard Frets: 156
    edited September 2016
    Sounds like you're in need of a boost to boost your boost?
    I'm sure a Klon will boost your valve pedals like a good'n. But really I'd just get a used GE7, plonk that down in front of everything and use it to boost, cut, shape your mids going in to your pedals- whatever.
    Given you've already got 3 other drive pedals I think you'll get more mileage (in this application) from an EQ than a Klon.

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5292
    i use the very excellent RYRA Klone to boost my Page...works beautifully...
    edited September 2016

^ what's your setting here Bro for a boost/klone into the PAGE....is it high volume low gain or what?

@mgaw

tae be or not tae be