Tremolo/ reverb. Flint looks great but with a loop switcher?

What's Hot
John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
thinking about a trad pedalboard but with a loop switcher so while the strymon Flint looks perfect for trem and verb offering just the old school style sounds I want, it won't work independently so unless there is a work around its not the one.    
Any thoughts and options? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Gurus soon to be released sinusoid? I think it has control jacks.
  • I don't think there is a (simple cost effective) Flint work around to allow a Gigrig style loop controller to operate presets (a la big sky etc) but I wonder if you could use the Expression port some how. I have a favourite switch there so I can activate a big ambient preset without changing the basic settings. Perhaps you could use that to have it switch between trem and verb - but you'd only have one setting for each. 
    I might also be taking bollox
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Thei annoying thing about the way strymon do it is that they would be ideal as separate pedals but instead im forced to consider the möbius and midi switching when really I just want some simple quick to set up pedals  
  • I do love the Flint and would be tempted to recommend just using it in series with your looper or putting it in a loop and using the pedal foot switches to select which effect. It's just so damn good I would make it work. The möbius trem sounds I don't think sound anywhere near as good. Have seen plenty of pros having to accept this limitation of the Flint due to its quality. 
    Cheers :-)
  • 2 Flints?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    mattdavis said:
    I do love the Flint and would be tempted to recommend just using it in series with your looper or putting it in a loop and using the pedal foot switches to select which effect. It's just so damn good I would make it work. The möbius trem sounds I don't think sound anywhere near as good. Have seen plenty of pros having to accept this limitation of the Flint due to its quality. 
    Cheers :-)
    As I look around for other options I'm actually leaning towards doing this.   
    I should probably know but does it have the favourite switch or 3 way switch option - I'd love to use it with tap tempo but flick between two settings would be handy.  
  • Unfortunately the standard strymon favourite switch(which I use) is either tap or favourite - not both. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_P said:
    Thei annoying thing about the way strymon do it is that they would be ideal as separate pedals but instead im forced to consider the möbius and midi switching when really I just want some simple quick to set up pedals  
    This is exactly why I sold my Flint and went to the Mobius i.e. for the midi switching
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    John_P said:
    This is exactly why I sold my Flint and went to the Mobius i.e. for the midi switching
    Just trying to keep this as a small quick edit board - I'm only 70/30 about using a loop switcher but I hate tap dancing so a few nice drive pedals, revert, trem and delay,  all with knobs and maybe a basic switcher to make an alternative to my modeller boards.   If I get an el cap then I can use the reverb in that as well for some other options.