SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD VHT Special 6 combo

What's Hot
jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12430
edited September 2016 in Amps £
NOW SOLD. Lovely little amp. handwired, very moddable although i havent had a fiddle with this one. Versatile little amp, lots of different tones from its various combinations 3/6 watts, high/low inputs and footswitchable boost which adds a lot of volume. Although I don't have a footswitch it's a push/pull on the volume control. 10 inch speaker that has a lot of poke, doesnt sound small or boxy.

I believe the cab is birch ply from what Ive read.

Condition is very good, Ive had this for longer than Ive had any other amp in recent memory, excellent pedal base and reassuringly heavy, chunky transformers etc.

Looking for straight swap really as cash is tight. Something small and valvey, reverb would be nice. May consider a Yamaha thr5 as well.

Cheers me darlings.

EDIT, not letting me post pics on work computer so heres a few pics off the net, will get pics on tomrrow

Image result for vht special 6

"OUR TOSSPOT"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• For what its worth, I have been through a bunch of amps in the last few years (some quite high end) and keep going back to my cheap special 6 ultra (which I just use clean as a pedal platform) with some nice glass in it, it sounds awesome. Takes dirt and overdrive better than any other small amp I have tried and has a lovely clean. IMHO
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12430
    PM's replied to... ah fuck it, there hasn't been any.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • Not sure of the value but I have a fender champion 600 if that's of interest? No reverb on it but very compact and nice sounding though. 
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12430
    Thanks for the offer but I'll pass on the champ. They are nice little amps though
    "OUR TOSSPOT"