Fender Custom Shop El Diablo Strat - just arrived

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• guitars4you said:
    I find the bigger neck is not an issue providing you have a 'slinky' action so it will respond and work with a lightish touch - Big necks and a high action is a no no for me - like playing an acoustic guitar - Big neck and slinky action is ok and user friendly
    I agree Mark - mine's set up with 9s.

Not sure whether the stiffness of the thicker neck is a contributory factor - but it seems to be less 'rattly' than thinner necked Strats I've set up with a low(ish) action/light strings.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Other than the pickups and aluminium plate, what's the difference between this and the Ancho Pablo? Looks lovely...
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14539
    tFB Trader
    danny_777 said:
    Other than the pickups and aluminium plate, what's the difference between this and the Ancho Pablo? Looks lovely...
    your comments + the 10/56 neck profile v the Big 54 profile - otherwise very similar chassis 
  • I realize it’s an old post - I’d add the tomatillo Strat to the discussion. 

I had had a first release AP that a financial crisis caused me to let go.  I recently replaced her.  Same terrific instrument the neck and the pups being the highlights.  

I also have an El Diablo that is a different animal in several ways.  Not as radical of a neck, but still light years beyond a new Pro Strat (I have as well). The pups feel mor raw / Texas like while I’d say the AP’s are more 50’ish 

the tomatillo...   I know it’s from the same “family” but I’m kinda bored.  Sure the neck is nice, but the pups don’t distinguish themselves. I had high expectations. Now I wish I’d have invested in the harder to find El Diablo - maybe another color.

My my goto is the el Diablo. The AP has s place and is s keeper. But I’m getting rid of the tomatillo.  Yawn.  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    Link doesn't work for me just brings up a custom shop 404
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19176
    I'm maybe speaking just for myself, but whoa  :o
    "Let's do the time warp again..." ?
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    King85 said:
    The thread is three years old so Fender probably killed that link ages ago, I made the same mistake though of clicking and being like: "huh?  The link doesn't work..." :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • musteatbrainmusteatbrain Frets: 880
    Welcome to the forum @Samcro1963 ;
    we have a guitars for sale section too
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10361
    Forgot to age the pickup and pot covers did they? :lol: 
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    Arktik83 said:
    King85 said:
    The thread is three years old so Fender probably killed that link ages ago, I made the same mistake though of clicking and being like: "huh?  The link doesn't work..." :)

Oh dear I didn't even think to check that lol
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9469
    I realize it’s an old post - I’d add the tomatillo Strat to the discussion. 

I had had a first release AP that a financial crisis caused me to let go.  I recently replaced her.  Same terrific instrument the neck and the pups being the highlights.  

I also have an El Diablo that is a different animal in several ways.  Not as radical of a neck, but still light years beyond a new Pro Strat (I have as well). The pups feel mor raw / Texas like while I’d say the AP’s are more 50’ish 

the tomatillo...   I know it’s from the same “family” but I’m kinda bored.  Sure the neck is nice, but the pups don’t distinguish themselves. I had high expectations. Now I wish I’d have invested in the harder to find El Diablo - maybe another color.

My my goto is the el Diablo. The AP has s place and is s keeper. But I’m getting rid of the tomatillo.  Yawn.  
    I played a tomatillo and thought it was very good indeed. All 3 have different flavours. The tomatillo is the most vintage sounding and the pickups nail the 50s sound in my view. A massive upgrade on fat 50s