SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Charvel Model 1A

What's Hot
bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1688
edited November 2016 in Guitars £
as per title.. cash waiting.
My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ZenOvertoneZenOvertone Frets: 234
    edited September 2016
    Hmm, I have a model 4A in the grey Chainsaw case, in good condition, no fretwear.  Dark Purple metallic body, rosewood board, jumbo frets with sharkfin inlays, 1987 vintage I think given the original small "Charvel" logo, hair metal heaven :-)
  • Hmm, I have a model 4A in the grey Chainsaw case, in good condition, no fretwear.  Dark Purple metallic body, rosewood board, jumbo frets with sharkfin inlays, 1987 vintage I think given the original small "Charvel" logo, hair metal heaven :-)
    price and pics please..
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• ZenOvertoneZenOvertone Frets: 234
    edited September 2016
    PM sent
  • bump
    My trading feedback

• bump
    My trading feedback

• I might be selling a rare as hens teeth 1987 5A (single pickup, 24 fret, neckthru) in cobalt blue or are you only interested in bolt-ons?
  • nah.. holding out for a 1A currently..
    My trading feedback

• kipplekipple Frets: 354
    edited November 2016
    There is one for sale here. I think the sellers asking price is a bit optimistic but it does Have Make an offer.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Charvel-by-Jackson-Charvel-1A-electric-guitar-made-in-Japan-/282242378323?
    hash=item41b6f4ea53:g:Xw8AAOSwTA9X4C6T

I do know for a neck for a Model 1a that may be possibly be for sale and it is the version with TM on the headstock and I also know for a scratchplate for a 1a and two single coils. it is possible to buy old 1a bodies on ebay if you wanted to put one together yourself which might be a cheap option. let me know if you are interested in the neck and rest of the parts.

Here is one I sold awhile back to a friend .
    I bought this from @RevMatt and fitted it with a new scratch plate that was cut for 1 hum 2 singles with a 5 way switch 1 volume and 2 tone.
    I sold it to a friend I play with and I still get to play it every week and it's a superb guitar.
    http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee186/druckpig1/_DSC0076_zpssc0aojkj.jpg
    I put peoples heads in horse's beds

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • keithfkeithf Frets: 372
    think I may have a trem off one of these somewhere!
  • @kipple ;@keithf  please pm me with prices etc
    My trading feedback

• keithfkeithf Frets: 372
    i'll dig it out and get back to you.
    K
    @kipple ;@keithf  please pm me with prices etc
    I will check tommorow to see if my mate is looking to sell the neck and if he is I will get a pic and prices for all the parts

kipple said:
    @kipple ;@keithf  please pm me with prices etc
    I will check tommorow to see if my mate is looking to sell the neck and if he is I will get a pic and prices for all the parts
    Just spoke to my mate he said he has decided to keep the neck

• @kipple ah well, cheers for asking
    My trading feedback

@kipple ah well, cheers for asking
    No Prob . I will keep my eyes open for anything that might be of use.
    What do you intend doing with the Model 1A if you find one are you going to keep it stock with the 3 single coils or put some rails in there or use a different scratchplate for humbuckers.

• stock.. I own no fixed bridge strats.. but Charvels are my axe of choice..   your Red Charvel pic is nice..
    My trading feedback

stock.. I own no fixed bridge strats.. but Charvels are my axe of choice..   your Red Charvel pic is nice..
    The single coils in that guitar in the picture were really great sounding pickups.
    Even though the guitars from the Model series are Japanese the pickups are Jackson USA ones and the single coils for that era were being wound by Abigail Ybarra  

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom