Speaker Decision?

All being well, I should be picking up a Maz Jr Head in the near future and will probably go with a nice Fat Zilla 1x12(already have a 2x12 cab).

I keep flitting between speaker choice to load the 1x12 having listened to demos on Celestion and youtube. The Maz Jr. Combo has a G12 H30 and the Maz 1x12 cabs have a V30. However, I did like the sound of the Heritage G12H(75) demo, not the Creamback one.

The Heritage seemed to sound nicely inbetween the G12H30 and the V30.

I have a G12H30 with a Greenback in my 2x12 and they sound great together, but it seems to sound less middy on it's own, the V30 might be too over middy and shrill.

I don't think I want to go with an Alnico Gold, don't want a Blue either, some people use them in a 1x12 with a Maz Jr which confuses me as it is only rated at 15watts.

Whatever I get I'd like it to be 100dB Sensitivity as I want to squeeze all the headroom and volume I can get out of the Maz, I was a bit unsure it would be loud enough for backline on stage, obviously, it's loud enough miced up, but can't say what I'll be able to hear on the stage behind the PA(monitors aside).

Anyone got experience of the Heritage G12H(75)? Or tell me what you are using with a Maz.

Thanks.
Only a Fool Would Say That.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom