Updated rig day

timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
nothing new really, just all wired in and tidied up! 
Its a pretty compact rig, designed to fit in the boot of a coupe. It won't be to everyone's taste but for me, it's great I can get cleans, crunch and mega crunch tones just from the guitar.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e120/timmysoft/Mobile Uploads/image_zpsu911t4rp.jpeg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e120/timmysoft/Mobile Uploads/image_zpsmj5w3c23.jpeg
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Here's the whole shebang together, still tryouts ng to get the right balance on the EQ in the loop, but it sounds pretty decent. I couldn't get in to Santa Pod today so I spent the day just writing riffs and soaking up sweet aggro tones.
    http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e120/timmysoft/Mobile Uploads/image_zpsmkdeqhol.jpeg

• wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    What's on top of the amp with the xlr - a DI box?
  • It's the Palmer junction, di and speaker sim

• Little video, iPhone camera and mic. Will do some better in depth vids and samples at the weekend if I get time to set up my recording gear.
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 599
    Very neat. That Palmer is a great little box. I recently picked one up and very impressed with it.
  • Beexter said:
    Very neat. That Palmer is a great little box. I recently picked one up and very impressed with it.
    Yeah, it even records pretty well! For live use its almost irreplaceable, no more shit venue mics or crap placement.
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 599
    timmysoft said:
    Beexter said:
    Yeah, it even records pretty well! For live use its almost irreplaceable, no more shit venue mics or crap placement.
    I tried it out for the first time at rehearsal recently with an Orange Rocker 30 running through an MJW 1x12 cab fitted with an Eminence Wizard. The line out on the Palmer went straight into an old Yamaha MSR400 powered speaker and the sound was extremely close to my ears. Can't see me messing with mics anymore as this is just so easy and convenient. Likely to be much more consistent too.

How do you find the cleans on the Dark Terror? Can it get loud before it starts to break up?
  • Beexter said:
    timmysoft said:
    Beexter said:
    I tried it out for the first time at rehearsal recently with an Orange Rocker 30 running through an MJW 1x12 cab fitted with an Eminence Wizard. The line out on the Palmer went straight into an old Yamaha MSR400 powered speaker and the sound was extremely close to my ears. Can't see me messing with mics anymore as this is just so easy and convenient. Likely to be much more consistent too.

How do you find the cleans on the Dark Terror? Can it get loud before it starts to break up?
    Surprisingly, yes it can get quite loud before breakup, I've also tried going in through the fx return, pure clean at full volume!