Has Dan forsaken the gigrig page?

lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
That pedal show is the best gear channel I follow. Watching it grow from the gigrig channel into TPS has been a pleasure. Indeed, TPS can now stand on its own two feet. But should that mean Dan forsaking his gigrig duties? The incredible pedalboard builds. The videos taking gigrig gear owners and dreamers through the possibilities of the G2. 
G2 instruction videos are lacking and in some cases require a deep study of every video to patch together information and instruction. Their Facebook page gets a few updates but nothing like the channel of yesteryear.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• lukedlb said:
    That pedal show is the best gear channel I follow. Watching it grow from the gigrig channel into TPS has been a pleasure. Indeed, TPS can now stand on its own two feet. But should that mean Dan forsaking his gigrig duties? The incredible pedalboard builds. The videos taking gigrig gear owners and dreamers through the possibilities of the G2. 
    G2 instruction videos are lacking and in some cases require a deep study of every video to patch together information and instruction. Their Facebook page gets a few updates but nothing like the channel of yesteryear.

He probably makes more money from the monetization of TPS videos, which are slicker than the Gigrig vids and probably get more views (I don't subscribe to his channel).  I'm guessing he wants to concentrate on making TPS videos which are slightly more fun and easier watching than the technical nature of the Gigrig vids.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    lukedlb said:

He probably makes more money from the monetization of TPS videos, which are slicker than the Gigrig vids and probably get more views (I don't subscribe to his channel).  I'm guessing he wants to concentrate on making TPS videos which are slightly more fun and easier watching than the technical nature of the Gigrig vids.  
    I imagine the gigrig team hasn't put together any other videos due to the ease and charm of Daniel guiding you through the explanation, rather than a video producer creating a well put together subtitled explanation without an overdub.  Daniel's value is his ease on the ears, interesting content and reliability of character, putting him high above other youtube commentators.
    Still, the gigrig gear could really do with some new videos going over everything in their current line. The last recent videos were well made with a professional flare. Then again, daniel with his iphone looking at radiohead ed's pedalboard was enough for me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom