SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Traynor YGM-3

merlinmerlin Frets: 6721
edited September 2016 in Amps £
Here it is. I've decided I prefer all the joyous tone from my 5e3 clone. This beast needs a good home. It buzzes a bit but has great tone and I recently replaced the stock speaker with a Cannabis Rex. Loud, clean and with more bark than a Jack Russell. 

This is a beast and a really good alternative to a Fender Deluxe Reverb! All original, apart from the replacement speaker (but you're welcome to the original too) and missing a rubber foot. Otherwise all great!! 

I'll let it go for £350, which with the replacement speaker is as close to an absolute bargain as I can manage. Buy collects from Brighton. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• What buzzes? The cabinet?
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6721
    Hi @JamesSGBrown, what I ought to have said was not "buzz" but "hum". It hums but sounds amazing... particularly with the Cannabis Rex.
  • Potentially interested if I shift my Princeton. Will be in Brighton for a gig within the next couple of weeks also
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 561
    I had the very same amp for about a year . . . OMG was it loud ! ! !  Cracking amp & massively underated IMHO :-) 
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

• DodgeDodge Frets: 1447
    I agree, I've had several of these and all were epic amps.  If you can get your head around the EQ and add a couple of very minor mods (the C-Rex being one of them, already done here) they're superb and built better than a 70's Fender.

Minor mods:

Add the C-Rex and take the back off (superb speaker that pushes it towards a more USA voicing).
    Change the bright cap for 100-250pf and leave it on (the stock cap allows too much mids for me, this makes it much more usable and I tended to leave it on)
    Reduce the first stage coupling cap from 0.1uF to 0.01uF (limits the bass, makes it much less flabby and improves the overdrive sound).
    Gentle nudge for this beauty! 
    And now sold! Many thanks to the buyer and to all at FB for providing the facility!