SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

2004 Gibson Les Paul Standard - Root Beer

What's Hot
theknights20theknights20 Frets: 1
edited September 2016 in Guitars £

Ask me for photo's, cant seen to find how to upload on a mobile.

Guitar speaks for itself, absolutely beautiful finish.

Been looked after very well with very very minor marks (lacquer nicks) with absolutely no damage to the wood and bo buckle rash.

2004 model so no chambering! One of the last weighty Gibson's.

Have confirmation from Gibson USA regarding legitimacy.

Includes original hard case and the pick guard, which has never been installed.   

£1500

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• No Buckle Rash*
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Price?  Trades?
  • How silly of me!

Asking for £1500 and can not accept trade due to our financial situation. Very reluctant to part with it :( needs must!

• If you click the little cog at the top right of your first post you can edit it and add the price in. 
  • Thanks, will update now :)
  • Rumpy Bumpy! After some thought, I am open to trade deal if the trade in question equals the value and is easier to sell. For example cash plus a guitar that's makes up the difference would work :)

• Still available.
  • Bump.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Times are getting hard. Prepared to knock money off as its about to go on ebay and the fee's are crazy.

its a beautiful import guys, make me some offers :)

• 2004 was possibly the last time they made a decent Les Paul, I know I had one from that year that was a peach. Had I known then that I wouldn't find another its equal in subsequent years I'd have never parted with it. At least had I not discovered PRS in recent times. GLWTS, Rootbeer is a lovely 'different' finish too.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It is a beautiful playing guitar. Really don't want to part with it but the alternative is not practical sadly. I know I wont find a les Paul made in the same period with same finish this side of the pond again without some hefty importation fee's.

for those who want some history this guitar was imported by knighton music center from the US a couple of years ago. You will not find another like it in this period over here as I'm sure the Root Beer finish was not sold here untill later years.

• for those who want some history this guitar was imported by knighton music center from the US a couple of years ago. You will not find another like it in this period over here as I'm sure the Root Beer finish was not sold here untill later years.

There were plenty of UK Rootbeers in 2004/2005, just dont see as many as standard cherry/honeybursts

• Ahh my source wasn't correct as it seems on how many there were. Ahh well, hoping for at least one offer. No one seems to want to give it a home.
  • Still waiting for that first offer! :(