New MXR Phase 95

What's Hot
MossMoss Frets: 2409
This looks pretty interesting - a Phase 90 and 45 with switchable Script mod in a mini enclosure

Expensive, though

https://www.andertons.co.uk/p/JD-M290/phaser-pedals/mxr-phase-95-mini-phaser
Stop crying, start buying
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2367
    yeah that looks pretty cool actually
  • Interested. 
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Very interested in that, thanks for posting. I don't think it's that expensive considering what you get.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • Great idea. Quite fancy one.
  • That looks so great. I love the phase 45 and the phase 90. Super!
  • Brilliant idea. Instantly at the top of my to-buy list next time I'm looking at phasers. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • shouldn't it be called the phase 135?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I like that. Clever design.
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1389
    I'd be surprised if that does much more than a Phase 100, which gets much less attention than 90/45, despite being way more phasery to my ear. I think it's because the only noted user is Billy Corgan, who overused it at times.
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 897
    shouldn't it be called the phase 135?
    They'd sell even more if they called it the '59
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    Would be very interested to get my hands on one of these just to confirm how it's doing the P45/P90 switch. I suspect it's just pulling two stages from the 90 circuit (the 45 circuit is actually quite different to the 90). If that's all it's doing and it gives a similar result, that's a nice addition to the P90 board I'm doing ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • juansolo said:
    Would be very interested to get my hands on one of these just to confirm how it's doing the P45/P90 switch. I suspect it's just pulling two stages from the 90 circuit (the 45 circuit is actually quite different to the 90). If that's all it's doing and it gives a similar result, that's a nice addition to the P90 board I'm doing ;)

I would certainly be interested in a build of such a thing. I prefer the 45 sound but occasionally want a 90...
    zepp76 said:
    Very interested in that, thanks for posting. I don't think it's that expensive considering what you get.
    It's not considering the ball ache it is to match the fets for each one you build...
  • ^ I suspect the same. Personally, I'd prefer a Phase 45 with a switchable extra two stages, rather than a Phase 90 with the option of switching two out. I just think the '45's circuitry has a smoother sound to it.
     It's still a good idea though.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335 said:
    I'd be surprised if that does much more than a Phase 100, which gets much less attention than 90/45, despite being way more phasery to my ear. I think it's because the only noted user is Billy Corgan, who overused it at times.
    To me the Phase 45 sounds way better
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    juansolo said:
    Yeah I mean considering what the "script" switch actually does, it'd be interesting to see what that other switch actually does.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6117
    If it does what it says on the tin, I imagine they'll sell a shed load of those. I've been toying with the idea of getting a mini phaser, this could be the one.
    edited September 2016
    Dave_Mc said:
    juansolo said:
    Would be very interested to get my hands on one of these just to confirm how it's doing the P45/P90 switch. I suspect it's just pulling two stages from the 90 circuit (the 45 circuit is actually quite different to the 90). If that's all it's doing and it gives a similar result, that's a nice addition to the P90 board I'm doing
    Yeah I mean considering what the "script" switch actually does, it'd be interesting to see what that other switch actually does.

Man I hate 'block' mode. I know the feedback loop is there to emphasise the effect, but it really only works with distortion. Even as a lift of a single resistor to switch it, I'll not be adding it to my P90
    not sure i've ever actually tried the block one... i've got the script with led one which i think is the feedback switched out.
    In theory the block has the feedback loop and the script doesn't. Though we've had a block in for repair that had a script circuit in it.