Source Audio Nemesis ? Thoughts ?

What's Hot
WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9542
I might go daft and all midi for a laugh...

Thoughts on this here Nemesis ?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Only had mine for about a day, and I don't plan on using the MIDI aspect of it really.  A lot of quality sounds in a small footprint.  The bread-and-butter delays sound really, really good to me...digital, analog, tape, tape noise.  Takes a bit of tweaking as there seems to be a lot of travel/range in the mix and feedback knobs...I guess they're tapered a little differently to my "usual" delays.  I found myself struggling until I realised I was routinely setting the mix/feedback too high on the dial.  You can however tweak the 50:50 point on the mix dial to sit wherever you want it.  Basically, the deep editing is there if you want it, but you can just ignore and tweak away until you're good, if you're that way inclined.

Some of the other "hidden" engines are pretty special, too.  The Oil Can is really sweet...thick, dark and wobbly.  Tried the multi-head Echorec via the software updater last night, and I liked that one a lot too.  Haven't played too much with the "trick" delays (like the helix, degrade and pitch-shifting) yet, but I'm sure they have their uses when applied subtly.

Itching to give it a blast in stereo, and to set up the insert loop to try adding something a little extra to the repeats (I have a Bad Stone phaser in the drawer just begging for this).

Not owned a 500 or Timeline, so can't compare with either, but basically, lots to like!  
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
    edited September 2016
    I had one, lots of sounds, easy to operate from the pedal without an app (though of course the app is there if you want it), smallish footprint. I only used a fraction of the available sounds, never quite gelled with it and now much prefer my Obscura. Thinking back I also preferred the feel of my Alexander Amnesia, though I felt that was too dark. 

I much preferred the Nemesis to my H9 though.

I'm not a big delay user though!
  • Reposted from this thread: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/84166/npd-source-audio-nemesis-delay

The Neuro app is absolutely amazing. The control over the delays are unbeliveable. By using the app you can upload new "engines" into the pedal. For example, they just made an Echorec enginge available and the app can just drop it in to replace one of the engines in there (for example, you might decide to lose the tape delay and replace it with the Echorec engine). Then you can use the app to change any of the settings. The app also allows you to use other peoples' shared presets.

Alternatively you can just play with the knobs on the pedal itself to get some really beautiful delays out of it.

The midi part is interesting. Without midi you can get access to your first eight presets from the footswitches or the little selector button. If you have some form of midi controller then you can access up to 127 presets.

There is a MASSIVE thread over on TGP (currently over 300 pages) where the Source Audio team are very active if ou want ot see how other people are using it:
    http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/source-audio-nemesis-delay.1539703/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The only issues I have with this, because otherwise it sounds like an amazing box, is it relies heavily on other tech to get the full benefit, ie Neuro app required?

• The Neuro app is not nexessary. It's a great delay pedal anyway and you can get awesome sounds from just twiddling the knobs. However, the app is really the icing on the cake and you and do so much with it, it's insane. For playing live it's probably overkill but for getting the exact sound you want for recording, it's a really useful addition.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I never use the app, and love the pedal
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    Yeah, I've only used the app once and I'll really only need it for trying out new delay engines in the future (still need to check out the Echorec engine).

It sounds and looks fantastic, it's dead easy to use and you can get more than just delay sounds out of it after tweaking (pitch shifting, tremolo etc). Saving presets is piss easy, and recalling them is a doddle - although you will really need a tap tempo switch to do this effectively, just get one from Bright Onion or something and you're laughing. You can now go backwards and forwards through presets now I hear as well. As for MIDI well that's just not my bag but there's 128 presets to choose from if you're game...

Personally I think there's more here than I'll ever need and tbh I'm tempted to sell it and opt for a slightly cheaper and streamlined delay because I doubt I'll use it live too much and because...well, it's nice to get some money back, but it's such an intuitive device it's hard to see how I'll get rid of it. Doesn't cause too much of a problem for space on my board either because it's right on the end with the tap tempo switch positioned on the floor next to it.
  • Ultimately it didn't sound better than my El Cap and and Nova Delay for what I wanted. I struggled with too much detail on the app and couldn't tweak enough to find my tone without it, so sent it back. Shame as it sounded nice. It's not the be all end all delay people say it is, IMHO.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • I got one but just didn't gel with it, realised I don't want that amount of editablility, just some good sounds. Settled with an EHX DMM (well, 2 actually)
  • Small footprint for what you get, beautiful sounding delay modes (Noise Tape and Digital are both particularly excellent), a LOT of tweakability on the Neuro app (though the DUI is great as well), tap tempo, 128 presets if you use MIDI...yep, really rather bloody good.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I have it one the list instead of the el cap / flight time / chrono I was debating between as it looks a good mix of features from all of those and quicker to use than the timeline.

Pete Thorn demo sounds good (as usual)

• Yep, I'm after one of these...