Reamping a VST synth track via helix....

TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
Maybe a question for @Digital_Igloo ;

Is there any reason why I couldn't cut a VST based synth track in a DAW, then reamp via Helix, sticking my Midi Murf or Boss Slicer in a loop and being able to manipulate the Murf/Slicer in real time and record the result to a new track in the DAW?

I'd be using Logic X or reaper.

It seems to me this ought to be possible... if so, it's just opened up a whole new world of awesome...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• none at all, just usb it to your mac, select it as the audio device, feed the track output to one of usb Helix inputs and then record the return into a seperate track
    Just be careful about monitoring the input. if you try and monitor all guitar tracks you will get FB so switch it off the original track
  • Cabicular said:
    none at all, just usb it to your mac, select it as the audio device, feed the track output to one of usb Helix inputs and then record the return into a seperate track
    Just be careful about monitoring the input. if you try and monitor all guitar tracks you will get FB so switch it off the original track
    This is what I figured.

I'm very, very excited.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    edited September 2016
    Yep!

Try this too, which is what I was doing last night..

Harmonic tremolo... square wave.... sync'd to a 1/8th triplet. Set the duty cycle to 7% to get these little pulses throughout the signal, and dial in the intensity to taste. Sounds amazing when you put delay after it.