NBD. Stingray content.

2»

Comments

• If you get one via the web you'll get the distance selling protections to send it back!

Anyway - I really like it as a DI. I sold my Tech21 kit! The only thing that comes close is my Helix.

The VMTD is one of those things that I would take everywhere. If an amp goes down or my Helix had a problem I could go direct with it instead. The B7K is a different beast and the Helix doesn't do that. In fact I don't think anything else does a B3K / B7K sound so sometimes I use the B7K in one of the outboard loops on the Helix.

I'm playing a lot of Motown and old soul at the moment. For that I use the VMTD into the FX return of my amp. Even with a stingray and a modern amp (Tecamp) I can get a lovely old tone with it. (Or go full Billy Sheehan).

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2359
    octatonic said:
    Winny- do you find the Stingray sounds best with the bass control only slightly turned up and the treble up quite high.
    The bass control seems too make the signal get very muddy if turned up.

Oh and I have a blister.
    Yes... on my thumb.
    I'd need to check but i think i keep my bass higher than the treble (neither up full, though).

i banjaxed my thumb the other day too playing my fretking (not really a blister, feels more like a bruise though you can't actually see a bruise, just it's a teeny bit swollen :s ). that's what i get for not playing bass for ages and then deciding to practise some slapping :s
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom