SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

New Century Explorer (2008 Guitar of the Week, 1 of 400) and ESP Horizon FR II (Both SOLD)

MolochMoloch Frets: 712
edited October 2016 in Guitars £
New Century Explorer (2008 Guitar of the Week, 1 of 400)

This guitar is a weapon and an extremely rare one at that. A part of the 2008 Gibson 'Guitar of the Week' promotion, there are only 400 of these in existence.

It has the classic Explorer body shape, a slim '60s neck profile, the raw and powerful 500t and 496r pickups and a unique carbonfibre scratchplate that has to be seen in the flesh to be fully appreciated.

Two tiny cosmetic issues to be listed, but they are so minor as to be unnoticeable. One is a tiny crack in one of the corners of the scratchplate and the other is some wear to the finish in the location where your arm rubs while playing (happens to Explorers all the time).

This guitar looks incredible, plays perfectly and has a sound like a weapon of mass destruction. Also comes with an immaculate official Gibson hard case.

£720 for collection from Southampton. Only PRS trades are likely to interest me and I have cash and/or other guitars to add for pretty specimens.

ESP Horizon FR II

Mine is prettier than yours.

We all know what these are, right? The state-of-the-art archtopped superstrat from one of, if not the finest guitar manufacturer in the world. The real 'Made in Japan' deal, not an LTD or a copy. This comes with original Floyd Rose and the classic Seymour Duncan JB and '59 pickups (with coil tap on both).

It's fast, it's loud and if you think you've played something better, you're almost certainly wrong. It's also of a breed that is increasingly hard to find, as ESP now no longer make the Standard Series, so you wind up with inferior E-IIs and LTD Elites. Do yourself a favour and snap up the real deal.

Construction: Set Thru Neck 
Scale: 25.5 in. 
Body: Solid Alder 
Neck: Maple Neck - Thin U Shape 
Fretboard: Ebony 
Nut: Floyd Rose Locking Nut- 42mm 
Inlays: Offset Block Inlays 
Binding: White Binding around the neck and headstock 
Pickups: Seymour Duncan TB-4 "JB" (B) / Seymour Duncan SH-1 "59" (N) 
Electronics: Volume, 3-way toggle, Tone with Push Push Coil Tap 
Hardware: Chrome 
Tuners: Gotoh Magnum Lock Tuners 
Bridge: Original Floyd Rose Tremolo 
Frets: 24 XJ

Couple of marks to be mentioned. One is on the back underside and the other (miniscule) one is where your arm will be while playing. Frankly, no-one is going to notice them while you're doing your thing.

£850. Collection from Southampton only please, as I wouldn't trust a package monkey with a fine painting, so why let them near another kind of work of art?

Trades might be possible, but are unlikely. If you want to tickle my fancy it will probably take something by PRS. However, feel free to offer whatever you have. You never know and the worst I can do is say no.

Gibson Les Paul Standard (2006)

What can you say about the classic Gibson Les Paul Standard that hasn't been said before? Honestly, we're all guitarists here and we know who has played these killers.

This one comes with the smooth and playable slim '60s neck profile, awesome-sounding Burstbucker Pro pickups and in the gorgeous cherry sunburst finish. Basically it looks great, sounds even better and practically plays itself.

£1095 for collection from Southampton. Only PRS trades are likely to interest me and I have cash and/or other guitars to add for pretty specimens.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MolochMoloch Frets: 712
    Added a Les Paul Standard to the menu. =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Have a free bump just because the explorer has made me horny 
    Have a free bump just because the explorer has made me horny 
    Thanks mate! It's a lovely piece, but it's not getting the love that it should, now that I have my PRS. =)
    Les Paul Standard SOLD. Explorer still available.
    Bump.
    Price drop to £720 on the Explorer and adding an ESP Horizon for £850.
    Horizon is sold, pending collection. Explorer still available.
    Bump!