Analogue Delay for £15

57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
edited September 2016 in FX
...well it was £15.93 actually and is absolutely utterly F*cking amazing! Took 12 days to get here.

AMMOON seems to be brand name of a Chinese store like John Lewis et al called TomTop and they have a lot of stuff branded - not just muso items. This is pedal actually a Rowin Real Echo and Rowin in turn are also Donner and TomTop seems to have a side shoot - MOOER?? Crazy cross-marketing.

SHENZHEN MOOER AUDIO CO., LTD
SHENZHEN TOMTOP Technology Co., Ltd.

But the pedal is silent with no artifacts and as solid as a brick - it is actually very heavy. Nice presentation box with chrome lettering... Sounds are all you would expect but real quality tone and with a couple of top PRS's through my Super Reverb is so lush and refined - everyone who has heard it is stonked! I am going to look out for more of these hidden gems now.

Is Purple  (like the Post Discussion button below - not blue)

http://i66.tinypic.com/2100ytg.jpg

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Comments

• Amazing. It really is.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2359
    edited September 2016
    nice D

is it actually analogue? i know some of those cheaper "analogue" delays are actually hybrid, i.e. digital but with a filter to make it sound more analogue (and maybe even with the rest of the pedal more along the lines of an analogue delay, just with a digital chip). e.g. the biyang one and stuff like that.

but if it is genuinely analogue, sounds good, and also has modulation, that's a crazy good price for it.
  • I have the Rowin versions of the Mooer Eleclady and 90 Phase. Absolutely awesome. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Dave_Mc said:
    nice D

is it actually analogue? i know some of those cheaper "analogue" delays are actually hybrid, i.e. digital but with a filter to make it sound more analogue (and maybe even with the rest of the pedal more along the lines of an analogue delay, just with a digital chip). e.g. the biyang one and stuff like that.

but if it is genuinely analogue, sounds good, and also has modulation, that's a crazy good price for it.
    I'd doubt it.  It'll be a digital delay based off pt2399 chip like the deep blue delay or wampler faux tape echo etc.  No way is it properly analogue at that money.  
  • I have the Rowin versions of the Mooer Eleclady and 90 Phase. Absolutely awesome. 
    @professorben, have you any idea what version of Phase 90 yours is a clone of?

I ask only because of EVH.  I hate phase, except what Eddie did with it in the early days. So much so that I've been considering the EVH Phase 90. But I can't bring myself to cough up that much cash for something I'd only use occasionally, so a cheaper solution would be very welcome! :)

I've tried a modded block Phase 90 (not close at all really) and a Joyo clone (maybe I got a duff one, but, shite) and I'm still looking...
  • So this is made by Mooer?
  • So this is made by Mooer?
    No but I suspect either same team or same factory.  Knobs are different but layout seems identical. 

• clarkefan said:
    I have the Rowin versions of the Mooer Eleclady and 90 Phase. Absolutely awesome. 

I ask only because of EVH.  I hate phase, except what Eddie did with it in the early days. So much so that I've been considering the EVH Phase 90. But I can't bring myself to cough up that much cash for something I'd only use occasionally, so a cheaper solution would be very welcome! :)

I've tried a modded block Phase 90 (not close at all really) and a Joyo clone (maybe I got a duff one, but, shite) and I'm still looking...
    I'm in a similar position, I use it for the van Halen thing and a bit of Gilmour swoosh. 
    I find the Rowin is great for getting a VH sound as it has a switch from Vintage to Modern, I'm guessing like the Script toggle on an MXR, I've found the trick to taming a phaser is more about signal chain more than pedal, I've used about a dozen  phasers over the years and always managed to nail the sound.
    always put it before drive. 
  • " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited September 2016
    if you edit the url you get to the Mooers and other Rowin models...

http://m.tomtop.com/guitar-accessories-483/p-i1483.html

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Dave_Mc said:
    nice D

I'd doubt it.  It'll be a digital delay based off pt2399 chip like the deep blue delay or wampler faux tape echo etc.  No way is it properly analogue at that money.  
    Yup. You can't get a single BBD for £15 never mind a whole pedal ;)

• clarkefan said:
    I have the Rowin versions of the Mooer Eleclady and 90 Phase. Absolutely awesome. 

I'm in a similar position, I use it for the van Halen thing and a bit of Gilmour swoosh. 
    I find the Rowin is great for getting a VH sound as it has a switch from Vintage to Modern, I'm guessing like the Script toggle on an MXR, I've found the trick to taming a phaser is more about signal chain more than pedal, I've used about a dozen  phasers over the years and always managed to nail the sound.
    always put it before drive. 
    Thank you for the detailed reply and link @professorben, nice one! Pretty cool you've been on the same road so I'm happy to grab one, cheers! :)
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2359
    Adam_MD said:
    Dave_Mc said:
    nice D

juansolo said:
    Adam_MD said:
    Dave_Mc said:
    nice D

Yup. You can't get a single BBD for £15 never mind a whole pedal ;)
    that's what i figured, thanks.