Modular style pedalboard idea, help

Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3470
edited September 2016 in FX
So I'm finally there with my collection. Need to board it now.

Have a shelving system at home which I find really nice, makes the pedals accessible without leaning down. However, I'd like to have flexibility of taking them out of the house every once in a while.

So, was thinking of getting a couple of custom 19" boards made so I could mount my effects on one and pre-amplifier drives etc on another. This way, they'd all be mounted nicely on a board to slide nicely onto the shelving unit, but also was thinking of being able to mount them nicely in and out of a rack case.

I need these in some kind of rack switcher solution like the RJM effects gizmo or the Voodoo Labs one, so may have to mount one of those underneath the board, maybe. 

Anyone have any cool ideas of how I can do this? Or am I just being mental?

Here's an old pic of the shelving unit... image
Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• garfygarfy Frets: 144
    edited September 2016
    Speak to Chris mate at Custom Pedalboards. Top service, top bloke and he knows what works.  Don't forget room for the P-1
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3470
    edited September 2016
    I've looked on CPB and it looks like their smallest board is a few mm's too long to fit in a regular rack space, so may have to talk custom with someone!

Haha, i cant wait for the P-1 to arrive mate!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • You can buy 19" rack trays/shelves in various heights (1u, 2u, 4u) and just cover the base with velcro?
  • garfygarfy Frets: 144
    Chris will make what ever you want Jon. You could cut plywood and cover with Velcro as suggested by thermionic.