Iron Maiden Arena Tour 2017

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6500
    RobDavies said:
    Saw them in Birmingham last night - band were great, audience was lifeless, I thought?

Maybe because it was a Sunday, I dunno? The last time I saw them at the O2 on a Saturday, the place was absolutely jumping from the moment UFO's Doctor Doctor started...
    I seem to recall it was a Sunday when I saw them too (In Birmingham, Final Frontier tour)...Don't remember a lacklustre audience, but then my memory is rubbish at the best of times..

How was the show last night?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Awesomes.
    Despite getting in at 2-30am and not having much sleep (I'm extra grumpy today) it was a fantastic night out with @not_the_dj ;

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    edited May 2017
    mike_l said:

Awesomes.
    Despite getting in at 2-30am and not having much sleep (I'm extra grumpy today) it was a fantastic night out with @not_the_dj ;;
    2:30 AM?   We've only just got back to Southampton at 3pm! :)

Wish I'd known you were there Mike - would have like to have met up and bought you a beer.
    edited May 2017
    RobDavies said:
    Saw them in Birmingham last night - band were great, audience was lifeless, I thought?

Maybe because it was a Sunday, I dunno? The last time I saw them at the O2 on a Saturday, the place was absolutely jumping from the moment UFO's Doctor Doctor started...
    I seem to recall it was a Sunday when I saw them too (In Birmingham, Final Frontier tour)...Don't remember a lacklustre audience, but then my memory is rubbish at the best of times..

It was good - I'm not a fan of the newer stuff but it was great live.  Typical Maiden performance really.... great lighting, pyro, sets and of course, Eddie.   First time that I've taken notice of Janick as well - I can't usually bear the dancing pixie stuff but he can play a bit, too.   Not as good as Dave, of course.... who is a sublime guitar player.

Set list, if you're interested....
    1. Play Video
    2. Play Video
    3. Play Video
    4. Play Video
    5. Play Video
    6. Play Video
    7. Play Video
    8. Play Video
    9. Play Video
    10. Play Video
    11. Play Video
    12. Play Video
    13. Encore:
    14. Play Video
    15. Play Video
    16. Play Video

• guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7961
    I'm looking at that set list and am gutted I didn't get tickets.  
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited May 2017
    Bruce was on top form. Considering they were in Liverpool the night before he certainly had plenty in the tank, and he's added a monkey mask and bananas to his dressing up/props box 

Great stage set, just what you'd want from a maiden tour, plenty of flames, and I really like the latest album so the setlist was great. I prefer them to be a current act playing new materials and a few old songs rather than being a pure nostalgia act. 
    RobDavies said:
    mike_l said:

Awesomes.
    Despite getting in at 2-30am and not having much sleep (I'm extra grumpy today) it was a fantastic night out with @not_the_dj ;;
    2:30 AM?   We've only just got back to Southampton at 3pm! :)

Wish I'd known you were there Mike - would have like to have met up and bought you a beer.

Likewise.

I take it you stayed over rather than going straight home after the gig?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• ReverendReverend Frets: 5002
    I have tickets for Cardiff and London. Been at least 3 years since I last saw them as well. 
    edited May 2017
    mike_l said:
    RobDavies said:
    mike_l said:

Awesomes.
    Despite getting in at 2-30am and not having much sleep (I'm extra grumpy today) it was a fantastic night out with @not_the_dj ;;;
    2:30 AM?   We've only just got back to Southampton at 3pm!

Likewise.

I take it you stayed over rather than going straight home after the gig?
    Yeah - took my eldest along and we stayed in the Premier Inn at New Street.   It's easier to get there from Southampton, rather than travelling to the O2.  
    Reverend said:
    I have tickets for Cardiff and London. Been at least 3 years since I last saw them as well. 

You will enjoy.

I quite enjoyed Shinedown as well, despite not knowing much of their music.

@RobDavies next time I shall let you know, a beer would be good.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1383
    Bruce was on top form. Considering they were in Liverpool the night before he certainly had plenty in the tank, and he's added a monkey mask and bananas to his dressing up/props box 

Great stage set, just what you'd want from a maiden tour, plenty of flames, and I really like the latest album so the setlist was great. I prefer them to be a current act playing new materials and a few old songs rather than being a pure nostalgia act. 
    And he can sweat a bit. Poor selection of trousers imho
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3028
    Off to see them tonight at the O2. Really looking forward to hearing the new stuff.

The transport getting home is going to be a bit of a nightmare. Last train home is at 11pm I'll be stuck until 5am if I miss it.
    Off to see them tonight at the O2. Really looking forward to hearing the new stuff.

The transport getting home is going to be a bit of a nightmare. Last train home is at 11pm I'll be stuck until 5am if I miss it.

Pain in the arse, innit?  I've more or less stopped going to gigs on a Sunday because of the nightmare journey home to Southampton from London.  I missed most of Suicidal Tendencies' set a few months ago due to having to leave The Forum at 22.30.

I'm surprised more bands don't take this into account....