Uk companies making weirder pedals

What's Hot
I'm a bit obsessed with pedals that lend themselves more towards experimentation and ambient soundscapes rather than traditional guitar sounds. Pedals like wizard of pitch, avalance run, meteore, dream sequencer etc The problem is they all seem to be made by companies based outside the uk so they're difficult to get hold off and expensive to import. 

Does anyone know of any UK based companies who make pedals like this?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Langtronics bone collector is certainly unusual

The old lovetone pedals are a bit crazy but pricey
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Langtronics bone collector is certainly unusual

The Bone Collector is certainly worth a look. Bonkers! 

• juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    edited September 2016
    Starts getting odd when effects are being combined... Though that's more experimental noise.

The this is a more ambient multi thing. Very poorly edited

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BeefBeef Frets: 260
    Rainger FX in London make some bizarre pedals. Can't vouch for them though; they're all ugly as sin. Can't be having those monstrosities on my board.
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Beef said:
    Rainger FX in London make some bizarre pedals. Can't vouch for them though; they're all ugly as sin. Can't be having those monstrosities on my board.
    Some of those look great, love the El Distorto!
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30318
    I love the look of the Dr Freakenstein Fuzz, especially the knife switch.
  • You should take a look at some of the work by MWFX.  The Judder and Glitch would fit this category.  Unfortunately he's stopped taking orders at present but you may find some of his gear used.  

https://m.facebook.com/MWFXpedals/?locale2=en_GB
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    edited September 2016
    Nine Of Swords offer lots of crazy fuzz/oscillation pedals at great prices. I ordered the Hand Of God fuzz couple days ago purely for the noise. There's also custom pedal options available as well apparently...I mailed him about a design I had in mind but didn't get a response back though.

There's also COG Effects who do custom pedals, if more expensive. They seem worth it though.

Yes let me know more about weird noise UK pedal manufacturers too.
  • Thanks all, plenty to investigate here. Keep them coming :)
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1783
    Sassafras said:
    I love the look of the Dr Freakenstein Fuzz, especially the knife switch.
    It's so freakin cool!
     http://www.raingerfx.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/DrFF-3-new-Igor1-500x485.jpg
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    As mentioned above, you can't go wrong with MWFX and Rainger. I'd add Pickletech Electronics too, he's on Facebook and Etsy, and his Mega Berkatron is as insane as the name suggest.
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1389
    Looperstar Fuzzjunkie is like a fuzz factory with expression controllable oscillation 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • nickb_boy said:
    You should take a look at some of the work by MWFX.  The Judder and Glitch would fit this category.  Unfortunately he's stopped taking orders at present but you may find some of his gear used.  

https://m.facebook.com/MWFXpedals/?locale2=en_GB
    Would've suggested if you hadn't! Do you know if he's planning on starting up again soon? I've been gassing for a full metal Judder.