Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Tinnitus

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• hugbot said:
    The plastic/rubber part is custom moulded for you, but theres a filter they put in it. My ears are the wrong shape apparantly and they couldn't fit the filter to the mould. Maybe the place I went to were just cowboys I dunno.
    There are different types of filters. Go and see another supplier. After I got mine, our drummer went to the same place. They couldn't give him the same ACS plugs and filters as I had as the canals in his ears were too shallow. They used a different vendor's filters and moulding process rather than ACS and his worked just as well as mine.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yes, in my right ear. I think it was drummers' snares that got me.
    I don't let it bother me.
    It's not a competition.
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2250
    It's mild for me and ironically only happens when reminded of it. 

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    edited September 2016
    It only takes one time to damage your ears.

Don't buy that new pedal buy some custom ACS Pro17s and protect your ears kids.

I remember the gig and the Marshall that gave me the ring..........

and having read about tinnitus for 5 minutes my brain is now ringing like a bell.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5012
    edited September 2016
    capo4th said:
    It only takes one time to damage your ears.

Don't buy that new pedal buy some custom ACS Pro17s and protect your ears kids.

I remember the gig and the Marshall that gave me the ring..........

and having read about bout tinnitus for 5 minutes my brain is now ringing like a bell.
    Wis'd.

I somehow managed to avoid hearing damage all through my teens and 20's/ 30's without any ill effects despite never having used any protection doing and attending loud gigs and then BAM! A one off in my 40's and here we are.

Oddly, my ringing is pretty quiet tonight despite the reminders.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • This may sound silly..........

.... I'm doing an acoustic thing now that the band has split. Me and two others, just at our homes. We sing and there are 3 acoustics. I'm thinking about using my earplugs even for that as it can be above average noise level. Is this ridiculous!?
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    edited September 2016
    Some people have triggers that make it worse (or them more aware). Try cutting back caffeine and alcolohol and see if you can cut back on stress too. 
    Well, that's me fcuked.
  • This may sound silly..........

.... I'm doing an acoustic thing now that the band has split. Me and two others, just at our homes. We sing and there are 3 acoustics. I'm thinking about using my earplugs even for that as it can be above average noise level. Is this ridiculous!?
    It is not ridiculous. Acoustic guitars can be effing loud. I got a cheap used acoustic a while back and haven't used it as it's too loud in the house - unplugged electrics are so much more quiet.
  • Yeah I think I'll be using the earplugs... :)