When things go wrong...

What's Hot
littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5012
edited September 2016 in Off Topic
...is when you find out out how good customer service really is.

So I ordered a t-shirt from one of the many online mail order sites you see advertised, this one:

http://www.teenavi.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/When-You-Wish-Upon-A-Death-Star.jpg

Tracking was going well (it's coming from Miami using USPS), until the day it was "out for delivery" here in the UK. Next minute it changes to "refused by addressee"!!! I was home and so I know delivery wasn't even attempted, never mind refused. I'm guessing USPS's 3rd party courier just didn't bother. It then (after only one delivery "attempt") was returned to sender and I see the tracking follow it back to Miami. Previous orders from same firm were delivered no problems so I hoped it was a one-off.

So I sent a message via the site's online chat thing before work this morning, not expecting much. However I got home and I'd had a reply from one of their account managers stating the "refused" status of the tracking. I'm thinking "here we go" and again, not hopeful. So I replied explaining I was in and that I suspected the 3rd party hadn't tried to deliver.

Pretty much straight away I had a reply apologising for the error, and if I could just reconfirm the delivery address they'd send it back out in the morning and e-mail me the new tracking ID! I'd offered to pay for another delivery earlier but they were having none of it, so re-delivery from the States with no charge to me (delivery was about £10 on the original order). No attempt to fob me off or charge a fee, and the whole tone of the exchange was very cool, unlike most UK firms I've dealt with when something similar has occurred.

Colour me well impressed with USA customer service. Company was Viralstyle in case anyone's wondering.

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SargeSarge Frets: 2426
    That's nice to hear. 
    I've only had good dealings with USA companies, for instance I bought a pair of flush side cutters for steel frets, they arrived in 3 days (superb!)  but the chrome plating had chipped off at the jaws making a clean cut impossible, a quick email to the company (I forget the name offhand) and they issued an immediate refund AND sent out a new pair despite me insisting either would be fine,  sure enough 3 days later a perfect pair arrived with a long hand written apology and a couple of lollipops! 

Bought a £20 item from ebay uk that didn't arrive,  took weeks of arguing and bad language on the sellers part before getting a refund. 

just goes to show eh. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Goes to show that not all capitalists are bastards
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom