Has anyone had a web-site translated into Chinese?

What's Hot
victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 1015
edited September 2016 in Off Topic
I'm looking at getting a page from a site translated into Chinese and was wondering if anyone had any previous experience of doing this? Is it a nightmare or a simple job? The page only contains about 300 words.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    Try these guys http://www.languageconnect.net
    Company is owned by one of my wife's friends- not sure I can wrangle a discount though.
  • Cheers, i'll have a butcher's.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3590
    I understand there are several 'chinese' languages so getting that bit defined might be the first step. That sorted you might find a chinese store or restuarant with fluent speakers that might enjoy some extra cash, but get it proof read by a third party before you publish. Like many things, if it contains 'business' or 'engineering' terms it can lead to confusion, remember all those old Chinese instructions for good sold here 20+ years ago?
    For my part I can't help, I are still strugglin wiv english.
  • If it is for commercial use get a commercial translation firm to do it - if you don't understand the language yourself you'll never know if someone has done a good job or not, so best to go with a trusted service

• I'm also wondering about the coding side of it as well. I wonder whether it's just simply a question of inserting the Chinese characters where the English text is and leaving the html/css in English, or whether the whole thing has to be done in Chinese. I imagine it's just a case of substituting the text.
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2926
    tFB Trader
    Tags can stay, I did one once. Have to check things fit in their allocated spaces so might need to adjust the css. I had css per language. The site was PHP so the content was in separate files, got included per language the user chose.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Corvus said:
    Tags can stay, I did one once. Have to check things fit in their allocated spaces so might need to adjust the css. I had css per language. The site was PHP so the content was in separate files, got included per language the user chose.
    Cheers for that, I appreciate it :-)