Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The inaugural 'learn a song a day for a month' challenge.

What's Hot
15678911»

Comments

• adamm82 said:
    I started doing this lately before seing this thread. This week I have learned Sweet Emotion and drop dead legs.
    I always get annoyed afterwards as I think I should have learned all these long time ago.

I also get amazed everytime that I struggle with one part before I go to bed. When I wake up the next day I can play it properly.
    2 great songs , especially DD legs 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 492
    adamm82 said:
    I started doing this lately before seing this thread. This week I have learned Sweet Emotion and drop dead legs.
    I always get annoyed afterwards as I think I should have learned all these long time ago.

I also get amazed everytime that I struggle with one part before I go to bed. When I wake up the next day I can play it properly.
    Sleep is great for cementing such stuff apparently. Read a book on sleep this summer and being able to ‘crack’ something like a music piece after sleeping on it, when struggling to do so the night before, is very common apparently.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • i would like to do this with bass (just got my first  bass about a month ago).

am not musically gifted but have started learning a few tunes that i can play now (not great but can get through the whole songs).

so far i can attempt 

psycho killer talking heads
    take 5 dave brubeck band
    nutmeg (mtv accoustic version) alice in chains
    cannonball the breeders
    green onions booker t & mg's
    and some parts of joy division tracks

i know to a musician they are easy to play but not being a musician myself (or a gods awful one lol) i am chuffed to be able to play along with them :-)
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul7926Paul7926 Frets: 227
    Fifty9 said:
    adamm82 said:

Sleep is great for cementing such stuff apparently. Read a book on sleep this summer and being able to ‘crack’ something like a music piece after sleeping on it, when struggling to do so the night before, is very common apparently.
    This must be my problem.  It's not that I suck at guitar it's simply that I don't sleep enough.  I feel much better now. :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom