Wem copicat

TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7815
Any fans? They seem way cheaper than a space echo so I'm now looking at these to get some real tape delay in my life!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• They are cool but only having preset delay times annoyed me
  • Ohh really, I didn't know that.
  • Unless I was missing something the one my friend briefly owned had a button for each of the three heads and no way of changing the delay time so you were just limited to where those heads were set
  • You be wanting the wem varispeed copicat then which you can adjust the tape speed.  Very good units.  I have one kicking around somewhere 
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    I used to have an ancient Mk.2 from the early sixties which was my only delay for years and years. It had a valve pre-amp and sounded absolutely great, albeit rather hissy. BUT, there is an obvious 'thump' as the tape edit crosses the playback head and unless already mentioned you have a (tranny) Varispeed model, you are stuck with the presets. 
    To be honest I was never really bothered about how limited it was until I went digital and had so much more scope. 
    They do look cool and I regret selling mine a bit, but they aren't as good as a Space Echo.
  • Thanks. Good to know:)
  • dude, i used to have a copycat, although 1 of the 1st types, certainly the 1 that made it all popular, and u can find loads on the 2nd hand market, especially the transistor versions from the 70's for £150 or so. they are noisy, bit clunky, and limited!
    get a space echo 201 or 301 they are the mutts!
    for all things pedal boards please visit www.custompedalboards.co.uk