Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Biggest "I should've bought that" regret?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• About 12 years ago, a Wal in Southside Music for about £300.  Still pains me to this day
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Oly white and black 79 Strat, in Soundpad Barnstaple- circa 1991-2
    Most playable lovely strat I have ever got my hands on, even the whammy stayed in tune
    (Nostalgia may be tricking me though)
    It was there for a couple of years, I went in to play it as often as I could and it took me most of that time to save up the 300 quid it was there for.

I didn't think about instalments, I was only about 14.

It went.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    The same shop I bought my old PRS SE Soapbar from had an Ampeg AMG100 for similar money - a guitar of similar worth but much rarer and more interesting, and I wish I'd bought it when I had the chance because it was a good price and they're hard to come by.

There have been so many things I've seen on eBay and been desperate for but nothing I ever actually had the opportunity to buy. Same goes for shops - I've played a thousand amazing guitars that I'd have prostituted myself for but just didn't have the money. One particular '51 Nocaster relic at Coda comes to mind, and the couple of Blackmachine B6s I've played.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • I turned down a 70s ebony Les Paul Custom and a JMP head and cab. I think he wanted 800 quid for it all but I thought i was OK with my Charvel and Valvestate 80. Doh!
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TonyRTonyR Frets: 908
    Saw a Rickenbacker Suzanna Hoffs for £300 in the mid-1990s, still to this day I don't know why I didn't buy it...

We are all Chameleons...
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    TonyR said:
    Saw a Rickenbacker Suzanna Hoffs for £300 in the mid-1990s, still to this day I don't know why I didn't buy it...

:o 
  • ^ yeah, that face!
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • dr150dr150 Frets: 1
    I regret drinking four nights a week. If I'd have just done two, I probably would have not had as many money troubles and maybe bought some more items than I did in my twenties.
    Ain't that the friggin' truth.  Alcohol purchases really takes a toll on the wallet!  Haha.
  • dr150dr150 Frets: 1
    I regret drinking four nights a week. If I'd have just done two, I probably would have not had as many money troubles and maybe bought some more items than I did in my twenties.
    Ain't that the friggin' truth.  Alcohol purchases really takes a toll on the wallet!  Haha.