Do you own a VFE Rocket Boost EQ?

BeexterBeexter Frets: 599
Any VFE Rocket EQ Boost owners here?

I wonder if someone could help me out? I purchased a brand new "final run"  VFE Rocket direct from VFE and I'm not entirely sure it's 100% right. All the reviews I read on this suggest it's really quiet and hiss free but mine isn't.

How is yours for noise / hiss?

I have been in touch with VFE and of course, I can send it back to be checked over but it is a hassle as they're in the US.

I'd be interested in borrowing a known " quiet" example to compare mine with before I go down the returns route. Obviously, I'd cover postage costs and provide a security deposit if anyone is able to help me out.

Give me a shout if you're able to help.
Cheers 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30300
    Have you tried it with a battery?
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 599
    Sassafras said:
    Have you tried it with a battery?
    Yep, have run it as the only thing in between my amp and guitar, I've tried battery power,  a Voodoo Labs ISO 5, HB Powerplant Jr, 1 Spot and 1 spot through a GigRig Isolator. I've tried different guitar cables, 3 different guitars and 2 different amps so I think I've been fairly thorough! 

It seems to add a bit of hiss even with everything on the pedal set to unity - no volume or EQ change when the pedal is activated.

All the reviews I have read praise how noise- free it is but maybe my perception of noise is different? That's why I'd really like to A/B it with a known "quiet"  one before going through the hassle of sending it back to the US.

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30300
    Yeah, it does sound faulty after all that checking with batteries and PSUs.
    PITA having to send it back. Might be cheaper to let an expert have a look at it.