NPD Found a ruddy reverb....

What's Hot
I hadn't even considered it before, but in terms of price, board space and the sheer quality of the sounds, this won.

Plate, Mod, Epic and Pad are all exactly what I was looking for, in terms of the different styles I play: also, Room is lovely, and though won't really use Spring with my amp, ALL of the reverbs in this thing are stunning. Dry signal is completely preserved, options for buffered trails, 100% wet and stereo, but the main thing is that it sounds great... and I got some £ knocked off because their display model was the only one they had in stock.

The MXR Reverb wins.

https://imgur.com/a/olYHH
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4604
    edited September 2016
    Well played!!

I'm using a TC Alter Ego for my reverb at the moment with mix / volume low and repeats high. that is lovely too.

Has it a modulation knob? is that top middle?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegas said:
    Well played!!

I'm using a TC Alter Ego for my reverb at the moment with mix / volume low and repeats high. that is lovely too.

Has it a modulation knob? is that top middle?
    Cheers! The top middle dial controls the tone of each reverb (darker left, brighter right), and if you press it, it scrolls between the reverb types.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4604
    very nice, the demo's i saw (heard) were fab .. 
  • I'm after an MXR M300, or Neunaber Wet (v4)

Both excellent pedals. 
  • DesVegas said:
    very nice, the demo's i saw (heard) were fab .. 
    I can't believe I overlooked this one. It sounds beautiful. No hopping between 100s of presets, just 6 reverbs done incredibly well.
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2236
    edited September 2016
    TheMarlin said:
    I'm after an MXR M300, or Neunaber Wet (v4)

Both excellent pedals. 
    I went into the shop all set to buy a Stereo Wet, but the MXR won by a landslide for me, which surprised me.
  • Every demo I've heard sounds lovely. Perhaps a bit under the radar, this one. 

• Nice mate. I loved their video advert for it...

How does it sound compared to the others you have tried ?
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2236
    edited September 2016
    Nice mate. I loved their video advert for it...

How does it sound compared to the others you have tried ?
    I'd say that it's never going to have the tweakability and range of sounds you get from a Big Sky or H9, but the 6 reverbs it has (and the range within those reverbs) definitely rival the higher end pedals. For the cost, the MXR is a fantastic piece of kit.

They are all brilliant, but I love Plate, Mod, Epic and Pad. Stacked with the Verby preset on the Timeline, the MXR can get absolutely cavernous as well.
    You'd think it wouldn't be, seeing as it's MXR's first ever reverb pedal, you'd think it would have more exposure. In that sense, possibly an underrated pedal.
  • @BintyTwanger77 ;
    Nice purchase.  The video for the MXR reverb sounded superb.  

How's the effort to stop smoking?  
    You'd think it wouldn't be, seeing as it's MXR's first ever reverb pedal, you'd think it would have more exposure. In that sense, possibly an underrated pedal.
    Ebay completed listings say only three have sold on there over the last three months. That means a) a lack of people buying them new and b) no s/h market starting up. With that in mind, there's been little on forums I've seen about it yet something like the SA Nemesis has seen a few sales and comment threads appear here. Perhaps the MXR hasn't been marketed well enough. When you compare it to something like the Cathedral, it seems limited and more expensive. Put up against the Neunaber, it's not got the boutique appeal. 

If the MXR doesn't sell well, I predict the possibility of an end of line bargain somewhere down the line. A bit like the Zakk Wylde chorus that became the analog chorus and cost more. The ZW were sold for rock bottom prices. 

• @BintyTwanger77 ;
    Nice purchase.  The video for the MXR reverb sounded superb.  

How's the effort to stop smoking?  
    Very well so far, still using the vapouriser, not slipped yet, still craving them with a pint.

Ebay completed listings say only three have sold on there over the last three months. That means a) a lack of people buying them new and b) no s/h market starting up. With that in mind, there's been little on forums I've seen about it yet something like the SA Nemesis has seen a few sales and comment threads appear here. Perhaps the MXR hasn't been marketed well enough. When you compare it to something like the Cathedral, it seems limited and more expensive. Put up against the Neunaber, it's not got the boutique appeal. 

If the MXR doesn't sell well, I predict the possibility of an end of line bargain somewhere down the line. A bit like the Zakk Wylde chorus that became the analog chorus and cost more. The ZW were sold for rock bottom prices. 
    That's a great shame, the sound quality is easily comparable to a lot of high-end reverbs.
  •  Very well so far, still using the vapouriser, not slipped yet, still craving them with a pint.
    Good to hear.  Keep up the good work!  How long has it been?  It's been a week since I stopped smoking.  I feel healthier for it but I'm sure I've been more irritable in that time.
  •  Very well so far, still using the vapouriser, not slipped yet, still craving them with a pint.
    Good to hear.  Keep up the good work!  How long has it been?  It's been a week since I stopped smoking.  I feel healthier for it but I'm sure I've been more irritable in that time.
    That's a few weeks now.